Is it worth upgrading to a T6i from a T3?

What lenses are you currently using with the t3

What lenses are you currently using with the t3

I have the kit 18-55mm, and a 75-300mm. I personally think the 75-300mm takes higher quality photos, but that obviously cant be used for every shot.

The t6i will improve stuff, but a good quality lens that helps in low light probably be better. Look into borrowing a 50mm f1.8 to see if it helps overall

The t6i will improve stuff, but a good quality lens that helps in low light probably be better. Look into borrowing a 50mm f1.8 to see if it helps overall

Thanks! I had read great things about that lense. Unfortunately, there really is no option for me to "borrow" any photography items...

1. Is that a good general purpose lense?

2. Are you suggesting for me to purchase lenses vs. upgrading the body? I had thought that before, but I would like the articulating screen (for self shots on trips), the 1080p video, textured grip, and the wifi of the newer models.

In your case you seem to require a lot of the things the newer camera brings to the table. I would say though that the 24mp camera would need good lenses stuck to it to get the best from it. The kit lenses are quite good, but there are better lenses to show what the sensor can do

I ended up going with neither the SL2 or T6i. I just ordered a refurbished T7i (18-55mm kit) for a great price. The package was cheaper than just a (new) body of the T6i. I had contemplated the 80D, but that would mean a larger investment and it is significantly heavier than my other options.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back