What's new

IS or no IS?

TiCoyote

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 28, 2009
Messages
626
Reaction score
4
Location
New England
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm thinking about a used Canon 70-200 f/2.8 for wedding ceremonies. I see the non-IS version for around $1300, and the IS version (old, not MK II) for around 1900.

Is it realistic to use the non-IS version with a monopod and save the $600?

I'll most likely be using it on a 50D.
 
I'm thinking about a used Canon 70-200 f/2.8 for wedding ceremonies. I see the non-IS version for around $1300, and the IS version (old, not MK II) for around 1900.

Is it realistic to use the non-IS version with a monopod and save the $600?

I'll most likely be using it on a 50D.
By using good camera/lens handeling/holding technique, you don't need IS, or a monopod, at focal lengths of 200 mm or less.
 
I would opt for the IS a buddy had the non IS and turned round sold it and grabbed the IS within a month total...
 
The IS will give you a nice advantage in low light situations but it isn't necessary as stated above
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom