Is there a good camera/vid combo..

nOObPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
out there? I know most people here are probably cringing but I'm looking for a good combo and don't have the money to buy both seperately. I travel to Europe a lot and love to take awesome pictures but like to take good video of me and my friends goofing around. I know a lot of digi-cams come with a video feature but the quality of those are crap and a lot of digi-video cams have a picture feature but those turn out to be crap as well.

SO any suggestions?

Danke

Canon has introduced the DC-50. This is a mini DVD 5.4 megapixel camera/camcorder in one. I've had a chance to play with one my-self for a weekend, and absolutely love it. It costs about $800.

Generally you get either good at one thing or the other not both. There are some digital video camers that take higher res stills on a memcard but nothing great and the flip for still.

It's all about the glass. You could have 500 mpxls and a bad lens and never take a good photo. Video looks good on TV because the resolution is LOW. What would you be using it on the most? Can you rent one or the other to fill a temporary need? mike

With software you can use photo's to make a really good slideshow dvd, when you invite people round for a beer and say you have a video, look at their faces

:drool: :drool: :drool:

You wont always look at the video but you will the photo's

On the other side of the fence you can always freeze video, but as mentioned it will be in a lower format

When I travel I find that i get blurred vision using vid cameras as one eye on a view finder all the time

Your memories will never be lost in still motion,

Yes video has :lol: :lmao:

Its your choice on what you want to get out of it

Good Luck

Steve

I agree with Steve on this. Wedding Video v Photographer's still video what do you think wins???

The Bride's I've shown my slides to say the Proshow DVD is outstanding. No daft noise in the background just their favourite wedding day tunes and no poor low res video being swung this way and that - their favourite images put over in a high res and professional looking show.

Most reactions

Back