Is there an unspoken rule I'm not yet aware of?

frommrstomommy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In my city there is well.. not a whole lot of places where people go to be photographed because we're in the middle of a quite ugly desert. lol Flowers or greenery are really hard to come by. Well, a couple photographers in my city have apparently found some beautiful purple flowers at some unknown to me location and of course I'm dying to know where the photos were taken. I feel awkward asking them, even though I do casually know them both. Is it a no no to ask? Am I being ridiculous?

You can certainly ask, but they are under no obligation to respond.

I'd ask. Hell I've been asked where I've taken pix. I gladly share the info.

Yep, just ask. Just try not to sound too desperate to find those flowers. :D
I'd wax eloquent about the pictures and then say, "where were these taken?" like "just out of curiosity..." and avoid a "where did you find a spot with those pretty flowers?" kind of question.

Sometimes, you have not because you ask not...

Ask - the worst they can do is not tell you. I think photography spots are a bit less sacred than fishing spots! ;)

One is part of a mommy work out group I go to so I guess I'll give it a go if she happens to be there on the same days this week
Thanks!

Ask - the worst they can do is not tell you. I think photography spots are a bit less sacred than fishing spots! ;)

What about mushroom hunting spots?

I would just ask and see what their response is. I have been amazed over the years with some photographers being paranoid in telling about their techniques or locations. I had this happen to me many times when I was first starting out and vowed never to have that attitude towards a new photographers. I love to share in detail how I made an image and even the locations. Sharing ideas is what make photography fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just try.

Some photogs will share, others wont.

Yes, just ask. Or grow your own garden. Or move.

I would just ask.

In my city there is well.. not a whole lot of places where people go to be photographed because we're in the middle of a quite ugly desert. lol Flowers or greenery are really hard to come by

Who says you need flowers or greenery to make a interesting photo. Ive seen some REALLY great landscape photos that have absolutely no plant life in them at all.

Yes, just ask. Or grow your own garden. Or move.

I would just ask.

Lol moving is not our call... my husband is military.

And the main reason I am wanting to find the flowers is my neighbor who's agreed to be a guinea pig when the d600 arrives liked that for a location. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back