Is there another Photography forum? This one doesn't make sense anymore!

RyanG

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I started an earlier post about looking for your old posts and had a hard time. Now, I am reading through the "Digital Photography and Graphics software" forum, find a post to read, then get to the bottom and expect to find a "previous or next post" link, and there isn't one. I don't understand how people think this is better? This is not how I like to read forums! I hate clicking back and forth from the main page to each post and back again to the main page after I read the thread. It doesn't make sense!

So far as I know, the way to read posts/threads hasn't really changed, certainly not since you joined. We did just undergo The Change to a new weird interface, but we didn't have the kind of reading system you're talking about even before that.

I know the kind you're talking about, but yeah, I kinda like this way of doing it. Others might not, I dunno. It really seems pretty incredibly easy to me to read all the posts in a thread this way, so I'm not sure what doesn't make sense to you.

Stick around, and you'll get used to it. But if you hate it that much, Google will probably be happy to lead you to something else.

Okay, then I must be mistaken because I'm pretty sure I could navigate this way a few months ago. Unless, I did belong to another forum.

I think you're thinking of another site. Take the "the" off the forum name.

Yeah, why is that? I know personally, the biggest gripe I have is that the app doesn't work anymore. I thought if I gave it time I'd get used to it, and I have gotten more used to it, but I still would prefer the old way. I'm also not sure how this is supposed to be any better than the old way either.

I am usually viewing the forum on tapatalk so the changes don't really bother me. Wasn't too thrilled with the red coloring when I logged in online so now I only do that if I want to see a particular photo on a larger screen. I'm not happy with the changes but have much more important things to be concerned about in life than changes to an online forum.

NEWSFLASH: Literally no one thinks this is better.

No, no, no, there **is** that one guy who likes this format better. He also likes the new Coke, thinks eBola is some new punk rock band, and he totally idolizes the 1990's rapper Vanilla Ice, and has a major retro-crush on Milli Vanilli. He is a man of taste and discernment, obviously. His favorite film back in the day was Scotch 640-T slide film, and his preferred 35mm brand was Petri. Always,always Petri!

I don't think we ever had that feature - we have a "similar threads" feature that was present in the last version of the software and in the current new software as well.

One method is you could simply open multiple tabs in a section based off the titles - then as you've read through one tab just close it down or move onto the next tab.

TPF Went New School, you have to get wit it grandpa LOL. Seriously though I don't like it either but I am slowly warning up to it as I find my way around.

Last edited:
I'm not warming up to it .. but it is the way it is and I can't change it.

Where do I file my complaints regarding the free forum that I voluntarily signed up for and have no obligations to stay or participate?

I started an earlier post about looking for your old posts and had a hard time. Now, I am reading through the "Digital Photography and Graphics software" forum, find a post to read, then get to the bottom and expect to find a "previous or next post" link, and there isn't one. I don't understand how people think this is better? This is not how I like to read forums! I hate clicking back and forth from the main page to each post and back again to the main page after I read the thread. It doesn't make sense!

You are absolutely right! Why if I were you I'd march right into that office and demand your money back!

Oh..umm. .wait. Ok.. nevermind.

Where do I file my complaints regarding the free forum that I voluntarily signed up for and have no obligations to stay or participate?
Well, while the forum is indeed free, it relies on traffic for ad revenue. That traffic is generated both by us (the contributing members) and by the "guests" who come to this site to view the content we create. Therefore it is still in the site owners best interest to ensure that the forum is enjoyable to use by those who do use it, so we'll continue to use it, even if we aren't paying for it directly. ;)

Reactions: KmH

Most reactions

New Topics

Back