Is there another Photography forum? This one doesn't make sense anymore!

I think we're just having a bit of fun with the leaderboard this month, because let's face it, it's silly. But just because knowing who has the most posts is pointless doesn't mean we can't have fun with it.
Also: Until the Leaderboard thread happened, I had NO IDEA what "jumping the shark" even meant, or that it was a Thing. So, see, the Leaderboard thread has provided me with useful information. Sort of.

Although I still don't know where the term comes from.
The shear stupidity of this episode pretty much spelled the end for "Happy Days"
That term is from an episode of happy days where the Fonz literally jumps a shark, I think on waterskis.

Sweet! Thanks!
On another note: I need to go binge-watch Happy Days for a while, because I do NOT remember that episode, at all. And I'm sure I've seen all of them, many times. But I was younger then.

I think we're just having a bit of fun with the leaderboard this month, because let's face it, it's silly. But just because knowing who has the most posts is pointless doesn't mean we can't have fun with it.
Also: Until the Leaderboard thread happened, I had NO IDEA what "jumping the shark" even meant, or that it was a Thing. So, see, the Leaderboard thread has provided me with useful information. Sort of.

Although I still don't know where the term comes from.
The shear stupidity of this episode pretty much spelled the end for "Happy Days"
That term is from an episode of happy days where the Fonz literally jumps a shark, I think on waterskis.

Sweet! Thanks!
On another note: I need to go binge-watch Happy Days for a while, because I do NOT remember that episode, at all. And I'm sure I've seen all of them, many times. But I was younger then.

eeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!

I started an earlier post about looking for your old posts and had a hard time. Now, I am reading through the "Digital Photography and Graphics software" forum, find a post to read, then get to the bottom and expect to find a "previous or next post" link, and there isn't one. I don't understand how people think this is better? This is not how I like to read forums! I hate clicking back and forth from the main page to each post and back again to the main page after I read the thread. It doesn't make sense!

do you also google with the I'm feeling lucky button?

I think you're thinking of another site. Take the "the" off the forum name.
Although that site navigates the way I like it isn't the one. No Photoshop or software forums. Thanks for your help.

[/QUOTE]
Well, while the forum is indeed free, it relies on traffic for ad revenue. That traffic is generated both by us (the contributing members) and by the "guests" who come to this site to view the content we create. Therefore it is still in the site owners best interest to ensure that the forum is enjoyable to use by those who do use it, so we'll continue to use it, even if we aren't paying for it directly. ;)[/QUOTE]
I agree. And it probably makes more sense to have this forum set up this way for ad views.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back