Is this a good choice of camera for my needs? First major purchase.

I was looking at some of the questions and answers and those posted reviews. They seem to say you are correct Derrel but I'm sure I could contact them to specify, thank you.

I have very long hours at work but I will try to look more at the different pricings availible on my day off to find the best offer. I would think going in the physical location would be more costly but I would maybe like to see if they have any cameras displayed at least. I haven't looked into the prices of the extras as well. These I may need or want to purchase right away such as additional lens, bag, memory card or what may not be included in the different package selections.

So many more things to research. I want to say thanks for helping me everyone. I appreciate all your time. Iv tried to do allot of reading on the subject but it helps to hear if you are going on the right track.

Krell0, I would just worry about making such a large purchase without warranty or security if I need assistance or such matters. I would not want to be a bother. Thank you for your offering to me.
Perdectly understandable. Look at some cameras in person. Look at reviews. But ultimately remember the camera only does so much and a dslr with a decent lens will be more than enough if you are able to put effort into what you are doing. As for my offer it stands if you change your mind. It was used very sparingly and i can check on the warranty status ( which transfers for us models i believe, if that helps in your other shopping.) And this forum is specifically for bothering people. So if you have any questions about anything related to photography or cameras feel free to shoot me a pm and ill do my best. I won't be bothered at all. Completely seperate for my offer to the best of my knowledge and experience used caneras can offer a worthy and reliable value, obviously there are exceptions to everyrhing and i understabd your concerns. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

I read online to watch best buy website because they have been putting the nikon d5300 on sale. Do you think it would be good to buy there or is there a preferred shopping site? I tried looking on the website but as I am on my phone I am having difficulties with the mobile version. It looked like it was listed at 599.00 but I was trying to confirm what this came with and if it was new as well as other important things like if warranty is availble.
I bought my first DSLR from Best Buy online. When Best Buy puts them on sale, it is usually a good deal.

I think any of the major retailers also have from time to time an "open box" item which I think is still considered new as far as the factory warranty is concerned, and Best Buy always has the option of their extended warranty, which is handled by Best Buy, but if repairs are needed, the item is sent to an authorized repair facility.

When I bought my second DSLR, (from B&H) I bought an extended warranty from Square Space. I've also bought used lenses and other stuff without any concern for any warranty coverage at all.

When you get down to the nuts and bolts, there is not much of a difference between the D3300 and the D5300. They both use the same sensor and processor. The D5300 has some extra features which might make it easier to get the most out of that sensor, such as the articulating screen and more auto-points. It will be up to you to decide if those features are worth the money. I have been very happy with my D3100.

As to where to buy, I always try to buy local first. Do you have a locally-owned camera store in your area. If so, please stop in and check their prices. I find at my local shop, I can buy a camera outfit for the same price as listed at any of the big box stores. This particular store also sells used equipment. It is a little more comforting buying used equipment if you can try it out, before you decide to buy. The owner is also a knowledgeable resource, you won't find at a place like best buy. If you don't have a shop in your area, or if you do and found them to be rude or unhelpful, then by all means scour the internet for the best deals! I have purchased used lenses in the past from Adorama and am pleased with the product and service I received.

Enjoy your new camera!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back