Is this a M42 Mount?

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Everyone,

I can't make out what type of mount this is? When I purchased the lens, I thought it was a Pentax K Mount, but when I tried it on my adapter, I realized that it won't lock into place and that's when I noticed the tabs were different than those of the Pentax K mount.

Does anyone have any idea what type of mount this is?

IMG_7792.JPG IMG_5985.JPG IMG_2829.JPG

m39 and m42 mounts are threaded. if that mount has tabs, its not an m42.

m39 and m42 mounts are threaded. if that mount has tabs, its not an m42.

Thanks for your reply pixmedic. So now I'm back to square one.

The lens has three tabs but one tab is bigger than the others and it has a cutout in it. It can fit on my adapter for pentax k mounts but it doesn't fit securely.

unfortunately, several companies used similar style mounts. being a third party lens, it could have been produced for any of them.
perhaps there is some sort of marking somewhere on the mount that could identify it, but other than that you would simply have to try it on different camera bodies/adapters until you found the one it properly fits on.

The 'MC' on the front ring could be for a Minolta MC mount or it might just mean 'multi-coated'.

Hi everyone, thank you for your replies!

After doing some research, I found out that this is a Konica AR mount. I bought a Konica AR mount for my camera and it fits securely.

Thanks again for all of your help!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back