What's new

Is this fisheye conversion lens good?

rasheemo

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 30, 2008
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
Location
Wayne, NJ
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want fisheye really badly! I plan on putting it on my canon 50mm f1.8

ebay
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I got one of those from a friend for free.

Fun, but awful image quality. I guess they are worth the $35 if you know what to expect.
 
Those sample images are BS. Dont waste your $35. It would be better spent on a nice bottle of bourbon. Your images will be so soft on the edges, they will be useless to you.
 
distort it with photoshop.
save the $35.
 
I'm so glad someone asked this question. I see hundreds of these ads on e-bay, and normally I figure when I see this many listings for the same item by the same person, "ShamWOW that must be scam!" But I'm curious nonetheless.
 
I'm so glad someone asked this question. I see hundreds of these ads on e-bay, and normally I figure when I see this many listings for the same item by the same person, "ShamWOW that must be scam!" But I'm curious nonetheless.

Not really a scam, but you get what you pay for. There's a reason the Nikkor 16mm fisheye retails for $1700...
 
I agree with all the above. I was sweet talked into buying one when I got a new Nikon body in SF 20 years ago. It is a POS.
There seems to be no part of the image that is actually in focus. The main reason I was suckered was the brand name - Panavision. I had heard of that name, of course, but soon came to doubt its origin from there.
Run away! Run away!
Murray
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom