What's new

Is this over the top? I can never tell...

I like the photo, and the edit... I don't like the non-symmetrical framing. I wish the dark area on the left wasn't there.

Do you think a crop can help with the framing? What did you have in mind?

Also I could make the dark area on the left and right not dark anymore, but when I did that it looked flat and with no contrast. Feel free to post an edit.
 
I like the way the first edit pops. I really didn't get the feel of it being overcooked.
 
Parker ... this defines psychedelic .... Iron Butterfly music should be playing :)
 
Parker ... this defines psychedelic .... Iron Butterfly music should be playing :)

Haha, yep. It was late and I went a little crazy on the sliders. I want to see is some others will post an edit of how they think it should go down, then maybe that will help me when I make one last final edit.
 
I don't mind the saturation as much as the sharpening. Maybe you could selectively saturate the bricks and the blue part of the fountains and leave the rest. Maybe lighten up the shadows a bit
 
The sharpening may have been a little more aggressive than I'd like... but the saturation was a lot more aggressive than I like.

Also... not sure if you had a tripod, but this is a shot where a bracketed image and some HDR (not the obnoxious HDR -- I prefer HDR as a tool to fix problems such that a viewer wouldn't necessarily even know HDR was involved) would have been nice to tame that skylight. I found the skylight to be the most distracting.
 
The original looks good. Just a bit of adjustment and maybe darken the left and right nearer bricks getting lighter at the center to add more depth
 

Attachments

  • $8425110327_940d31c05c_b.webp
    $8425110327_940d31c05c_b.webp
    323.3 KB · Views: 95
^Interesting. I can see how darkening the bricks like that adds depth. I am going to keep that in mind for my final edit. I am working on controlling the skylight, but I am having trouble with that.

Thank you for the edit!
 
^ I like the brick color too much to see this as black and white.

I messed around with darkening the closer brick to create depth as someone suggested.

Edit 4-


Hall-4 by Parker219, on Flickr
 
^ KenC, can you do a quick edit on the original photo so I can see what you are talking about? In my 2nd edit I thought I did adjust the mid tones. Any way I would love to see what you come up with as it sounds like you are on to something.

I'll try to do it at home tonight - don't have PS at work.
 
Parker, on that last edit, did you use a graduated filter from the bottom up to do that?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom