Is VR/IS a fad?

I have 554 "Liked" posts, and have been here since 2009.

You have been here since 2008, and have 127 "liked" posts.

If you want to act aggressively toward me, do it in PM's okay? I try and help people here. I give my honest opinions. I am not a "newbie". I have decided preferences and experiences that form my opinions. I'm sorry if your last four or five years in the photo hobby have made you such an expert, but I was simply asking you to treat me more-politely, and you fired back, half-cocked and angry, like a young man of your age group tends to do. Seriously V-I, can you try an mellow out with respect to me? You have been attacking ME, ad hominem, for the last several months. When you have nothing to add to the discussion, you start attacking ME, the man: that is an ad hominem attack.

Once again, I am asking you to treat me more politely, and to behave better on this forum. I've resolved to do that--to act more-politely and better on this forum. Now, can you man up, and try and do the same? Can you?

The like system wasn't implemented yet when I first signed up and you also have nearly 10,000 posts in half as much time. I've noticed many of those are attacking other members. You should probably go back through your posting history and bring do some re-reading because every time I see you in a thread posting you're posting personal attacks. That's neither helpful or constructive. In fact, you're being snide now.

The moment I see you stop treating people like **** and actually being curteous, then I'd think listening to your request.

Do you really need someone to start digging up all the post of the the personal attacks against all the different memebers on this forum and pointing them out incase you're forgetting your own behavior? I know if you stopped posting on TPF, you'd not be missed.

Okay so I just bought the Nikkor 70-300mm VR on a whim (actually it was on sale) and I take back everything questioning statement I ever said about VR (because I never actually said anything bad about it, I was just skeptical). It's like.... magic.

It isn't but four effective f/stops of shake relief can be very sweet. For those who have cast iron grips and rock solid camera holding technique, more power to you. For the rest of us mortals, it helps. Enjoy, Nick - may it take you where you've never been before...;)

I just told my wife to make me a sammich and she threw a spoon at me. You people are giving me bad-habits.

Also, VR = win. It's a tool. Use it when needed. Don't refuse to use something because you think it's cheating or lame.

The pet rock was a fad.

Camera technologies are not fads.

70-200mm VRII is next on my list. I'm still getting over the cost of 24-70 I bought a few weeks ago. Hobbies that don't involve race and touring motorcycles shouldn't be quite this expensive
bigthumb.gif

That article was written in ignorance. VR lenses aren't slower, last I checked nearly all of nikons new primes of 100mm or greater have VR and they're just as fast as the previous non-vr versions.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back