Isa Angel [first edited image of today's shot]

paraddox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
this is the first image of the shoot i did today...hopefully i'll have time to edit another 10-15 images this weekend even though i doubt it since tomorrow I'll be out shooting all day and probably Sunday also.
20081115012639_isa%20usa%20biserica%20copy%20small.jpg

I like the composition, but when I see it, I really see that wall of wood. Its very two-thirdsy, but I just feel like I want her to be the majority, imo.

I like the composition, but when I see it, I really see that wall of wood. Its very two-thirdsy, but I just feel like I want her to be the majority, imo.

i get your point...:p

it looks like there is a bullet hole in the door. good pic though but i agree there is to much door.

I don't think the problem is "too much door" but actually "too interesting a door". There's so much texture and detail on that door that in the end it competes for the eye's attention with the girl/angel.

A very beautiful image nonetheless. The light is great, the model is superb, and those pensive eyes and overall expression invite the viewer to try and imagine the story behind this moment.

thank you to all for the c&c :)

That's very nicely put, invisible, and instead of repeating your words, I'd rather add my immediate thoughts to them (which is no critique, for overall I find this is a wonderful photo, and don't really feel as much competition between "angel" and door as others seem to do): I wondered instantly, within the first second of seeing this photo "Why is she wearing a black dress?" This is a genuine question, for I wouldn't think anything's random in your photography, paraddox!? If I may assume that your photos say more than just offer an image of a very good looking girl dressed up as angel, then there must be some reason why she's wearing a black dress. Is it up to us to decide? Is it open for any kind of interpretation?

Ah, another thought, one that was as immediate as the first, and one I had before I read the others' comments: that door looks like a church door. Not surprising that an "angel" might walk out of a church, but then this other question nags me: "Why is an angel clad in black?"

I do not think the door is a problem. I love this shot! But I agree about the black dress :)

Most reactions

Back