issues with uv filter

rdzmzda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok so I bought promaster uv filter and polarizer. The uv seems to be making my photos soft any ideas bad filters? they were the ones recomended by the guy at the photostore it wasnt even that cheap should i return this thing or what? im attaching a photo so you can see what i mean...also im using a lens hood would that make a difference?
3180065246_840d14d9f6.jpg

here is another one as well
3179240013_96fa51476c.jpg

Okay, the only way an accurate assessment can be made is to shoot the scene twice; once with, and once without the filter and then post a couple of 100% crops, one from the centre area and at least one toward the edge of the image. That said, Promaster is simply a reseller, not a manufacturer. I would guess that they've bought a run of bottom-end Hoya or Tiffen filters, and put their name on it. Always stick with name brands. For filters go with Hoya, Tiffen, B+W, or Heliopan.

Do you have both on? For these shots, I don't see any reason to use either. The UV does nothing but protect the lens and the polarized filter reduces glare/reflections (which also makes the sky bluer). - TF

no i just had the uv filter on anyways i took a picture with the uv filter on and then off....here they are

with uv filter on
3179479799_f60dc96715.jpg

with uv filter off
3179478433_3a948b4a69.jpg

settings these were shot under is the canon 50 mm 1.8f iso 800 shutter speed 1/13 and im using a 5d body

Most reactions

New Topics

Back