It's all in the eye of the beholder

I believe that it's incorrect to suggest that photographers are being singled out. Right or wrong, it's a new world and everyone is impacted. When I flew commercially the first time, the airline gave out free cigarettes and the cockpit didn't even have a door! Now, they'll lock you up if you light a cigarette and you need to prove your innocence before you can so much as set foot in the airport.

I don't see what not being able to smoke in an airplane has to do with the uneasy feelings towards photographers...other than, "The times they are a-changing", but if you're trying to relate smoker's rights to photographer's rights...that's not comparing apples to apples. People taking a photograph are not harming the person they are taking a photograph of, as smokers are harming others around them.

I don't see what not being able to smoke in an airplane has to do with the uneasy feelings towards photographers...other than, "The times they are a-changing", but if you're trying to relate smoker's rights to photographer's rights...that's not comparing apples to apples. People taking a photograph are not harming the person they are taking a photograph of, as smokers are harming others around them.
If it will make you feel better, forget about the cigarettes and consider that cockpits didn't even have doors in the past. Worse yet, consider the current requirement that I identify myself and prove my innocence before I am allowed to enter an aircraft. None of that existed in the past.

"Verrrrr are your papers?"

While all of what you say, Socrates, may very well be right and constitute a considerable change of things concerned with flying in the course of time, I still don't know what relevance any of that has to a discussion in the "Photographic Discussion Forum" on photographers feeling more and more hassled and more and more put into the defense?

While all of what you say, Socrates, may very well be right and constitute a considerable change of things concerned with flying in the course of time, I still don't know what relevance any of that has to a discussion in the "Photographic Discussion Forum" on photographers feeling more and more hassled and more and more put into the defense?
I stated the relevance previously. To repeat, my point is simply that photographers are not being singled out. The changes in our society have impacted everyone and air travel is but one example.

Most reactions

Back