It's been a while...

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well hello TPFers! It's been a while!
Finally after a hiatus from many things photography I've started to shoot a bit again :) The other day we were out and about and I got a nice new addition to the Fine Art in Motion set so thought I would come and share :)

As always would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

IMG_4495-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Glad to see you are back. Interesting shot, like it on two levels. As a shot it is thought prevoking. The second part of me is just trying to figure, how the heck you got that effect. Later Ed

Thanks John and Ed :)
Ah John, she is growing like a weed and smarter than is safe for humans! lol

Very good panning technique. No... SUPERB panning technique! Love the contrast between the pretty-darn-solid and sharp foreground tree and the wispy / ghosty one in the background.

Now, tell Alice she has a lot of fans in cyberspace, and that she has to have a formal portrait done.

missed seeing your work around. hope all is well and nice to see you back.

Thanks so much all :)
Paul, I'll let her know! **starts trying to figure out how to make Alice stay still** lol

...just trying to figure, how the heck you got that effect....

This. Manual focus and then pan and shoot?

It takes two. Judi is in the passenger seat, panning, while her husband drives. The car motion, combined with the panning motion gives everything in front and behind the panned object a really nice blur. The trick is to pan really, really well and not allow the camera to bounce (you're in a moving vehicle, after all). Slow shutter, good DOF, manual focus are all part of the technique. It's much harder to do well than it appears. And don't do it if you're driving by yourself - too easy to lose control.

...just trying to figure, how the heck you got that effect....

This. Manual focus and then pan and shoot?

It takes two. Judi is in the passenger seat, panning, while her husband drives. The car motion, combined with the panning motion gives everything in front and behind the panned object a really nice blur. The trick is to pan really, really well and not allow the camera to bounce (you're in a moving vehicle, after all). Slow shutter, good DOF, manual focus are all part of the technique. It's much harder to do well than it appears. And don't do it if you're driving by yourself - too easy to lose control.

I've done this with some friends at a ropes course on the big swing...Just wasn't quite sure how this was accomplished with a static object...makes sense! (Had to post one of mine...just for fun! :) )

Attachments

• blurred.jpg
    blurred.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 220
Yep, what Paul said! ;) Thanks for sharing Michael!

Welcome back PR, you were missed

Aw thanks Bill, I missed you guys too!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back