It's *?!!*?!!! freezing!!!!

Darfion

Soapbox guru...
Reaction score
Website
www.darfion.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
All right, our Canadian friends may think this is a heatwave compared to their climate, but I tell ya i'm freezing my whotsits off :sad anim:

That depends on what part of Canada you're referring to I live at the bottom of Ontario..and umm..we're prolly the last to get snow.

The last two or three days it's been mild with a somewhat cold breeze. So we wont be getting snow any time soon.

However, I was told today will be cold.

We have had very cold days and nights, which I had to walk home in from work in the morning.....not fun to freeze those whotsits off eh?

Last year I was living in Ottawa..and only mother of berries, it was cold last Winter! Especially January and February and March....

I remember as a child living where I am now..that March was a time where we could break out the spring jackets....and...ride our bikes, and it would be warm. now...it’s cold no matter where at that month.

Yeah. I hate Winter.....

What's this thing people are talking about...cold? Hmm...nope, never heard of it. I think its an imaginary thing, sort of like that other stuff that they call snow. :scratch:

No, wait...I remember hearing something about cold and snow up in the mountains here. Maybe it is real after all.

Oh well, I guess I'll go on wondering what it is all about as I walk along the beach in shorts and a t-shirt in late November...:sun: 8)

I was thinking the same thing this last weekend. When to a football game on Saturday and sat in the shade plus temperature never got over 75deg F. Nearly froze

And it's dipped below 70 here as well! Had a huge front roll in last night and this morning.....tons of rain, now it's bright, sunny, windy and what feels like about 30 degrees colder than it was three hours ago. Supposed to be in the 30's tonight..... time to light up the fireplace. Not a bad exchange, toasting in front of the fire when it gets cold. :D

Its aorund 35F here now, and will be that way for this week till Sunday where its suppose to be like 50F or so. I like winter, it can give some very beautiful scenery, but the thing I hate most about winter is getting up early to get the car turned on and go in the house and wiat for it to heat up and then go out again and drive to work. I dont have an autostarter so I just use a 2nd car key and lock the door with the other car key. :0). Mornings should not be cold. :0). Not to mention the increase in gas cost for heating the car up first, and the car uses more gas starting up fo rthe first while befor the motor is heated up. And then theres removing the snow off of the car which isnt to bad, but theres times when its ice, thick ice. :0) which isnt always fun. :0). But you can get some pretty designs by spraying windshield wash on teh windshield and watching the jack frost form. :0).

That's the part of snow that i DONT miss.

One winter I had a car that had a broken fan motor. The heating worked but there was no way for the hot air to blow inside the vehicle. The only way to get hot air would be to drive as fast as i can. One evening while i was partying a friend called and she didn't have a way to deliver her paper route in the morning. It was -10F outside. It was so cold I was scraping ice off the inside of the windshield.... 2 days later I spent the $100 to have it fixed.

voodoocat said:
That's the part of snow that i DONT miss.

One winter I had a car that had a broken fan motor. The heating worked but there was no way for the hot air to blow inside the vehicle. The only way to get hot air would be to drive as fast as i can. One evening while i was partying a friend called and she didn't have a way to deliver her paper route in the morning. It was -10F outside. It was so cold I was scraping ice off the inside of the windshield.... 2 days later I spent the $100 to have it fixed.

What I dont get is why isnt the heater electric? :0) Why do you have to wait for the car to heat up? If it was electric it should heat up in like 30 seconds instead of the 5 or 7 minutes it takes me now. :0). Im tempted to buy a space heater that plugs into the cigarette lighter for those times that I dont have the car running. :0).

We got down in to the 12 F last night and is 32 right now.... got clear up to 37.

terri said:
Had a huge front roll in last night and this morning.....

same one we got yesterday. just after it passed it smelled soooooooooo good outside and it was nice and cold (around 37 degrees). my parents built a fire which was nice. i love it. :D

i live about 90 miles north of my parents so it tends to be a little colder here than where they are. right now it's 41 degrees and our low for tonight is 31. should be nice! and i still have my air conditioner on. :p

it's supposed to be back up around 80 by the weekend though. bleh. as long as the air stays dry i won't complain... too much.

Well here in Green Bay, WI the windchill today brought the temp to about 2 degrees. It also snowed. I am just thankful that It wasn't this cold yesterday when I sat outside on a frozen metal bench watching the Packers game(which I wish I brought my camera to, but I forgot it and it would have gotten pretty wet.)

hah i got you all beat. high of a whopping 20 degrees and a low around 10 or so. And that is a warm spell. Last week and an half it has been about a high of 10 and low of 0F.

Most reactions

Back