It's not the camera, it's the photographer: Photo Assignment

You're absolutely right. Now back to the point of the thread. Let's see some more pics and have FUN with it!

Fine. I am done. I hope you get lots of great examples. I may even pull out one of my harddrives and see if I can contribute one of my own.

Now returning to our regularly scheduled program...

sundaymorning112209009b.jpg

This is a repost from several years back, But,learning composition can be done with whatever camera you have. I still get to shoot for FUN .Hop you do too.
3737187037_01b6bb3175_o_d.jpg

Z740

I think someone needs a nap.

Fine, I surrender. It's actually all one big practical joke. I'll shoot my next wedding with a P&S. I'm sure it will work out just fine.

We don't actually need all that gear. In reality, we just carry around 70 pounds of gear for the fun of it. We could take the exact same shots with a P&S. We just carry the gear to try to look important.

"its not the camera, it's the photographer"

so let's look at this string of letters for a second. what does the camera directly influence about your picture? the ISO, shutter, and aperture. why? because the camera is physically responsible for maintaining these settings. what does the photographer do with the camera besides set these things? he composes his photo. with that being said, if you have garbage composition and perfect settings, the photo is still garbage.

but i mean, hey - youre the pro. ill let you know how my shiny new D3X improves my composition

pull the monopod out of your ass my friend, this isnt a competition

I think someone needs a nap.

Fine, I surrender. It's actually all one big practical joke. I'll shoot my next wedding with a P&S. I'm sure it will work out just fine.

We don't actually need all that gear. In reality, we just carry around 70 pounds of gear for the fun of it. We could take the exact same shots with a P&S. We just carry the gear to try to look important.

so let's look at this string of letters for a second. what does the camera directly influence about your picture? the ISO, shutter, and aperture. why? because the camera is physically responsible for maintaining these settings. what does the photographer do with the camera besides set these things? he composes his photo. with that being said, if you have garbage composition and perfect settings, the photo is still garbage.

but i mean, hey - youre the pro. ill let you know how my shiny new D3X improves my composition

Let it go man. Let's get this thread back on track.

Let it go man. Let's get this thread back on track.

Agreed. I need to get over my fear of uploading and post some things on this thread. Tomorrow or the next day, when I get my shiny new MacBook Pro and can actually get my photos organized !

Taken with a Canon S5 while hiking the Colorado high country:

East-inlet-Wetlands_framed.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back