It's time to make a change.

After market batteries are cheap and the batteries are small. I always toss a couple Wasabi's in my pocket or bag and I'm good to shoot all day long..
Everytime I hear that battery name I think of the green Japanese horseradish and wonder why you throw a few packages of them in your pocket. Figured it's you alternative to caffeine/wine. LMAO

FYI, I was going to go to a SONY Mirrorless early last year until the stareater thing I read about.
I've always like FujiFilm from before Nikon, so then opted to look at those and really liked the X-T2 and X-T20 (liked them before I looked at Sony too).

I don't know, I'm probably making a big mistake. But I swear it would allow me to take more photos and I really enjoy the colors these cameras render, I can't lie. It's quite pleasing to me.
Do you currently shoot in raw, or JPG? Do you process your photos?

If you shoot raw, are you looking to only shoot JPG to reduce your PP time?

No. I'm fine with post processing. But I've been playing with some raw files from friends and other online resources and I am just amazed by the colors the sensor reproduces. Especially with the color profiles, pretty impressed.

In a way I'd probably would cut down my post processing time because the "Fuji color science" is more toward my style that I like.

FYI, I was going to go to a SONY Mirrorless early last year until the stareater thing I read about.
I've always like FujiFilm from before Nikon, so then opted to look at those and really liked the X-T2 and X-T20 (liked them before I looked at Sony too).

Did you ever buy one?

What about a different route? Get a new phone for the fun on the go photos and buy a ticket to somewhere you always wanted to shoot. Plus a new bag with quick access so you don't feel so burdened walking around.

What about a different route? Get a new phone for the fun on the go photos and buy a ticket to somewhere you always wanted to shoot. Plus a new bag with quick access so you don't feel so burdened walking around.

Already kind of plan on going to some places this year in which I don't have to pay for lol.

I'm not legally allowed on commercial planes as of right now.

But I've also considered just getting the Galaxy S9 too, can't get anymore compact than that lol.

I'm not legally allowed on commercial planes as of right now.
wow-such-noir-very-secret-much-intrigue.jpg

The reason is nothing serious and none of your business. Boom.

Already kind of plan on going to some places this year in which I don't have to pay for lol.
Going places that you don’t have to pay for is always a good thing!

Going places that you don’t have to pay for is always a good thing!

Sure is. Except you ruin it for others because we are photographers and are not fun to travel with since we spend so much time stopping and taking photos lol.

Do you plan on keeping the old Nikon stuff, or do you plan on selling it for pennies on the dollar?:1219:

With your past acquire/sell,acquire/sell tendencies, I'm wondering if we might want to watch this space for deals on Nikon gear. Or maybe, Fuji gear at some time in the near future. Ought to be interesting either way...:1219:

I'd deff. get the 18-55, the 23/2, and a longish macro lens with the longest working distance you can get, so maybe a 90mm or 100mm third-party macro lens. I dunno....then there's the size/weight issue with a 90-100mm macro lens...but the 60mm length is simply too short, IMO,for "macro" type shots. Maybe build the system,slowly? Difficult to advise you, since you will know what you want more than we will.

Thanks to all who gave me advice, I really do appreciate it.

I think I have enough food for thought to make a decision.

Thank you.

For what I shoot and how I shoot ... if I could only have one camera, it would be the XT2 w/grip. But, I would drool whenever I thought of the sexy XP2. I shoot a lot of action type stuff, Street, Theatre, Sports and the XT2 handles a bit faster than the XP2. The XP2 and XT2 use the same sensor. The XT2 has a moveable LCD the XP2's LCD is glued in place.

For what I shoot and how I shoot ... if I could only have one camera, it would be the XT2 w/grip. But, I would drool whenever I thought of the sexy XP2. I shoot a lot of action type stuff, Street, Theatre, Sports and the XT2 handles a bit faster than the XP2. The XP2 and XT2 use the same sensor. The XT2 has a moveable LCD the XP2's LCD is glued in place.

Well glue can be unglued.

Most reactions

Back