It's time to make a change.

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by nerwin, Feb 27, 2018.

1. SquarePeg

SquarePeg Nevertheless... Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I suggest you rent or borrow one so you can make a decision based on your own priorities and criteria.

2. nerwin

nerwin Been spending a lot of time on here!

Oh I will!! Just gotta get the camera first. The weather around here is going to be horrible for the next few weeks so a great time to make a transition.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cgw

cgw No longer a newbie, moving up!

Fuji X-T1 bodies are on sale everywhere. Snagged a new one a few weeks back for C$499--too good to pass up. If you hate it, resale wouldn't hurt much. Just don't think the X-T2 is worth an extra grand, especially with a new model rumored to be showing up in the fall.

4. Dave442

Dave442 No longer a newbie, moving up!

X-H1 looks nice.

5. nerwin

It's a great camera for sure. But with the additional weight and bulk, I'd still rather get the XT-2 anyways. I also prefer the style of the XT-2 better, it's more compact and that's something I'm looking forward to. Also the price at $1899 body only vs the XT-2 at $1899 with the 18-55 is a better deal for my budget which is less now thanks to eBay taking nearly $500 in fees.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. kalgra

kalgra TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    @nerwin If you are interest. I just bought late last year a brand new XT-2 graphite edition with the powergrip, Kirk L bracket for the power grip, and another awesome L bracket and slightly large grip extension for the smaller body only. It is as pristine and perfect as it gets.

I am toying with the idea of upgrading to the X-H1 for the IBIS. Maybe you are interested in buying mine? The graphite edition is a bit more pricey and I'm guessing that's probably the deal breaker for you but let me if you are interested at all and we can chat off line.

On a side note It would be body only with grips and brackets.

7. Cortian

Cortian No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    This may sound like an outrageous suggestion, but why not get one of the newer small(-ish) point-and-shoot-on-steroids cameras and keep your current kit?

A FOAF (friend of a friend) that allegedly has a metric boatload of Canon gear not long ago acquired a Sony RX10 Mk. IV and is so pleased with it he never touches his Canon gear any more. (Or so my friend says he claims.)

I have been looking for a small camera with fixed lenses to take on vacation, because I'm just not interested in hauling-around ten pounds of camera body, lenses and assorted cruft on long trips. I can't afford to go these routes, but, if I had the wherewithal, I'd look at maybe the RX10 and the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ2000?

Then save your current gear for when you really want/need the performance of changeable-lens systems and use the smaller, lighter, simpler super-zoom for more casual or travel-intensive excursions?

8. nerwin

Too late. Already sold my whole kit :)

9. beagle100

beagle100 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    sold it all, moving on up

www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

10. SquarePeg

SquarePeg Nevertheless... Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Wow that was quick! If you're looking for a used XT2 and kit lens, check out the Fuji buy/sell Facebook group. I've seen several XT2's on there lately. I just scored myself a 90mm f/2 for the lowest price I've seen to date - $640. Transaction via paypal. I've bought several items from those groups. You can check the feedback thread at the front of the forum to see if there person you're dealing with has some reviews.

• Like Like x 1
  11. nerwin

I'm planning on buying new for the warranty. I'm okay with used glass though.

Going to check out that buy/sell group. I did join a Nikon group for that and got zero hits haha.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  12. nerwin

Well guess who owns an XT-2? :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1