I've been here a while and still don't get it.

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by zombiesniper, Oct 13, 2020.

1. cgw

cgw No longer a newbie, moving up!

So much dust raised by those stampeding herds of independent minds...<cough> <choke>

2. smoke665

smoke665 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    In the words of Mark Twain

"Oh, dear, we are all like that. Each of us knows it all, and knows he knows it all--the rest, to a man, are fools and deluded. One man knows there is a hell, the next one knows there isn't; one man knows high tariff is right, the next man knows it isn't; one man knows monarchy is best, the next one knows it isn't; one age knows there are witches, the next one knows there aren't; one sect knows its religion is the only true one, there are sixty-four thousand five hundred million sects that know it isn't so. There is not a mind present among this multitude of verdict-deliverers that is the superior of the minds that persuade and represent the rest of the divisions of the multitude. Yet this sarcastic fact does not humble the arrogance nor diminish the know-it-all bulk of a single verdict-maker of the lot, by so much as a shade. Mind is plainly an ass, but it will be many ages before it finds it out, no doubt. Why do we respect the opinions of any man or any microbe that ever lived? I swear don't know. Why do I respect my own? Well--that is different."
    - "Three Thousand Years among the Microbes
    "

3. SquarePeg

SquarePeg hear me roar Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Like he’s read Mark Twain.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. smoke665

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Really??? Is there some reason for the snarky comment, as if you know anything about me or my background? Another quote attributed to Twain which I have a fondness for - "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please".

5. SquarePeg

SquarePeg hear me roar Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Sorry, was meant to be funny/sarcastic humor but I can see how it came across as snarky. You want me to delete it I will.

6. smoke665

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think you cleared it up sufficiently, I appreciate the followup, no hard feelings on my part.

7. zombiesniper

zombiesniper Furtographer Extraordinaire! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Little Jonny or Suzie should be happy with what they have and learn to use it to the best of their ability.

It's a lame argument that the feeling of inadequacy is a valid excuse for trolling a forum. If someone is that insecure, they should definitely stay off of the internet and away from me. I'm no where near as nice in person.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Grandpa Ron

Grandpa Ron No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit

I have mentioned before that above a certain quality/cost level, the differences are often nuances. The simple feel or operational features, will cause one person to call it an overprice piece of junk while another signs the praises of the same model.

• Like Like x 1