I've Sinned!

D700 is nearly 3 grand for body only... not sure how I have that into the D90 body and D300s body combined, let alone the lenses I'd need to go with a D700.

Also, I don't have a desire at this point to go full frame... I like the extra reach a crop body gives. Why have two bodies with the same sensor? I think it's a great system. I may or may not keep the D90, like I said - I don't know yet.

Last edited:
Well on Nikons site they have the D90 @ $900, D300s @ $1700, and the D700 @ $2,700.
So $2600 for the Dx bodies, which is pretty close to the $2,700 for the D700.

I mean that's kind of like buying a D40, D60, and D3000.... Right?

It appears Dom has predicted your next move. Shouldn't have updated your sig.:lmao:

All your buying / selling / trading does appear to be a bit of indecisiveness on your part, but hey, it's yours to do with as you seem fit.

Let the force of the Dark Side be with you.

Congrats on the new body man!

Thank you!

All your buying / selling / trading does appear to be a bit of indecisiveness on your part, but hey, it's yours to do with as you seem fit.

Let the force of the Dark Side be with you.

Please tell me how I could have purchased the D300s last April. I've regretted none of my decisions... have I gone about it a round about way, sure! But I've lost little to no money doing so and gained a ton of experience with various gear.

D40 to D80 (common move, I'm sure I'm not the only one).
D80 to D200 (Best Buy had an incredible sale, remember the $599 D200's?)
Exchanged the D200 for a D90 due to incredibly poor high ISO performance on the D200.
Bought a D60 for my wife, but she preferred a point and shoot so I sold it for the same as I paid.

As far as lenses go, who doesn't buy/sell/trade lenses? They hold their value nicely, it works out pretty well in my opinion... Again, I've had the opportunity to try a lot of different lenses without losing much (if any) money doing so.

Not that I needed to explain anything to anyone, but there you have it.

Win/Win if you ask me :D

Last edited:
Congrats. I guess I'll have to keep a closer eye on the Buy and Sell forum in case you sell the D90 :)

I have to agree. If it were me, I would have sold my D90 and sigma's and got a D700. I would be happy with that and a 50mm 1.8 for a minute till I could get some quality glass.

But anyway, congrats on the D300s! I'm sure you'll love it!

Exchanged the D200 for a D90 due to incredibly poor high ISO performance on the D200.

I agree with everything you have said in your above post, if you can buy/sell/trade and work from a lower value to more expensive stuff without spending any of YOUR OWN hard earned money - more power to you.

In my day they called someone like that a "horse trader". I have been doing that for years, with cameras, tools, cars, boats, even real estate to some extent.

In college I drove a different car every 3-4 months, people always wondered what I did to be able to afford to do that...lol

But still can't figgure out how you exchanged a D200 for a D90 ???

I bought the D200 in same Best Buy deal you did, but didn't like it even as much as I like my D80, so I sold it, still made a profit.

But exchanging a D200 for a D90 is pretty cool!

Hats offtoya!!

Oh, that wasn't an even trade... I did spend extra to get it, but I still have it (so far). That said, the D90 offered SO much more and it was worth the extra cost.

I am thinking you did O.K. I have not shot the 80-200, but I do have the 70-200 VR, and it's a great lens, but I don't shoot it unless it's REALLY required. So when you get it you'll be fine. :D

Most reactions

Back