James II

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to finish this set and deliver the images to my client. All of them were shot using natural light with a silver reflector, with the exception of the indoor shot which was lit using household tungsten bulbs on one side and a window on the other. James wanted a variety of shots, so there isn't really much cohesiveness to these photos. These are just a few of my favorites from what was delivered.

james_by_danostergren-dbvbzjf.jpg

untitled_by_danostergren-dbvbzsl.jpg

untitled_by_danostergren-dbvbzto.jpg

untitled_by_danostergren-dbvbzu6.jpg

untitled_by_danostergren-dbvc229.jpg

Not a fan of the 1st one only because of the eyes turned toward the camera looks odd. The second is great the third is a "magazine cover" shot!!

do you have an assistant holder the reflectors for you?
Yes, almost always. If I can't book an assistant I'll usually just have the model hold it for headshots and I'll try propping it up on random things throughout the location to get some reflected light. I hate not being able to use a reflector during a shoot; a good 5 in 1 gives the perfect amount of control.

Not a fan of the 1st one only because of the eyes turned toward the camera looks odd. The second is great the third is a "magazine cover" shot!!
It does create some tension, but eye contact is something I prefer in 99% of my shots. Thank you.

Terrific model! He knows how to play the camera, doesn't he? They're all good, but the first, third and fourth really show off some extra personality.

Great work!

I thought shot #1 was outstanding. A VERY dynamic portrait. Just super-clever compositionally. I see also an outstanding square crop in that one!

Terrific model! He knows how to play the camera, doesn't he? They're all good, but the first, third and fourth really show off some extra personality.

Great work!
Yes, he's an excellent model! It's always great to work with talent such as his, even better when I get paid well for it. ;)

Thank you. I can attest to the fact that my photos wouldn't be nearly as good if I didn't have some amazing people to aim the lens at.

I thought shot #1 was outstanding. A VERY dynamic portrait. Just super-clever compositionally. I see also an outstanding square crop in that one!
Thanks Derrel. I can see that as well. I should give square crops a chance more often.

Really love this set! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back