Jana's Beach Shoot C&C WANTED!

honoryourlife

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So here are a few photos from a shoot I did the other day.

The photos were taken around 12pm to 1:30ish pm. It was very sunny and outdoor shots aren't really my forte. But here's what I came up with! Please let me know what you think of them please!

IMG_3939.jpg

IMG_4116.jpg

IMG_3915.jpg

I have a few more in the set I would like to show, but I'll begin with these!

Thank you for the feedback!

My first impression is the poses are a bit forced and unnatural. I do like the expression in #1 but the top of her head is cut off in the frame.

My first impression is the poses are a bit forced and unnatural. I do like the expression in #1 but the top of her head is cut off in the frame.

I agree, she wanted those poses. I'm used to photographing bands and its all random action. But I let her take control of the poses because she knows what she wants.

Yeah, I didn't mean to cut off part of her head. But it happened unfortunately. Ahhh well.

Better luck next time! I have to learn to start posing people and telling them what should be done. A lesson lived, is a lesson learned!

You and me both. Posing people and having a natural look is a lot harder than it looks. ;)

I don't know if you were going for the "high key" look in number 2 but you've completely lost all definition in her arm. The whites are completely clipped. A little PP might bring it back, don't know. JMHO. your $.02 may vary.

Yes it is. It's like you want to give them a Magazine and say here, do this! lol

I'm with ya on shooting at 12-1. The sun makes it really hard to get a nice shot, but you did pretty good!

The first one seems a bit soft. Get a flash, they are almost as useful in full bright sun as in a dark room. Failing a flash then get a collapsible reflector in silver or white, they are not expensive. Additional lighting to but catch lights in the eyes and to improve general contrast is very handy when photographing outdoors, even in bright mid day sun.

I don't know if you were going for the "high key" look in number 2 but you've completely lost all definition in her arm. The whites are completely clipped. A little PP might bring it back, don't know. JMHO. your $.02 may vary.

No I wasn't, it just came out like that. I actually don't mind it too much. The definition in her arm is all shot to hell. Ahh well, I'll change that next time around. I don't use photoshop or do any editing (usually).

The first one seems a bit soft. Get a flash, they are almost as useful in full bright sun as in a dark room. Failing a flash then get a collapsible reflector in silver or white, they are not expensive. Additional lighting to but catch lights in the eyes and to improve general contrast is very handy when photographing outdoors, even in bright mid day sun.

Ok, sounds good. I have a flash, but never thought I would need it in a bright setting. I have a 580ex II speedlite.

What brand of reflector do you recommend?

As a girl lol and part time model and a little part photographer lol but mostly as a girl... don't let the model squeeze their arms against their body because it will make it look huge. If you tell them that they will pull their arm away whether they want that pose or not :lol: you can't really tell in this photo because her arm is overexposed but just for the future ;)

Exactly. You need stronger directional light(but not too strong) when shooting on a cloudy day. Otherwise it's hard for the eye to reconstruct the depth from the 2D image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back