Jar with Sparkles

Muzzy00uk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Everyone

Was messing around last night taking shots of random household objects and just wanted your opinion and guidance for improving.

Many Thanks

Use AP mode and was at f1.8, ISO100 using a 50mm lens
Sparkles_from_a_Jar_with_a_Star.jpg

lighting and bokeh is nice, probably wouldn't of cut of the very bottom of the jar.

Agreed on cutting the bottom off of the shot. Also maybe a slightly deeper DOF on the jar to ensure the star and face of the jar are totally in focus. It seems like just the forward-most bit of the thread is in focus

Just because you CAN shoot at 1.8 doesn't mean you should ;) You will notice the "bokeh shape" is changes once you start using smaller apertures, but that's normal for that lens (or any lens with fewer aperture blades). You will get more DoF, which could be a good thing.

I say reshoot - back up just a few inches, close up that aperture to around 2.8 or 4 and perhaps adjust your white balance a bit. It's nice and warm, fitting for the subject, but maybe just a *bit* too much.

thank you all!! i didn't even see that i chopped the bottom off...
ill have another go and see if i can keep the whole thing in frame and ill mess around with the DoF and white balance.

ok here we go attempt number 2 :D hopefully a little better. This time f4.0 so a bit more should be in focus.

Let me know what you think.

Jar_Of_Light.jpg

Thank you JacaRanda

thank you!! thats made my day!! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back