Josie and Jerrold | Engagement

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got to shoot these two for an engagement session over the weekend, and I'll also be covering their wedding in August. The weather was so nice (82F) we had to relocate half and hour farther up the coast because so many people were crowding my go-to beach. The sky was incredibly bright early on, so I ended up having to shoot in a bit different style than usual, but it worked out.

We had a great session, although I do wish I'd broken out a bit more flash. Things were just a tad busy with all the sandy and not having an assistant on hand like I normally do. All in all, I can't wait for the big day! I've really been enjoying these couples shoots. There's just something about shooting happy people :)

Hope you enjoy them!

LR4NPLr.jpg

kAf6d3R.jpg

pc9ePdW.jpg

Z3rBtA8.jpg

i7uNZXn.jpg

YmarviI.jpg

Absolutely beautiful set! The final two definitely take the cake, but I really like them all.

They look pleasant. Nice beach location. My niece lives in Monterey now, and mentioned on IG that the weather was in the 80's at the shore this past weekend...very hot weather for March it would seem. I see what you mean about the bright sky...that's probably the main concern on a couple of these, like on #1 and #2, but it's not al that bad. I like the way the sunset skies turned out. They are a cute couple, and I bet their wedding will be a great event.

Very Nice set.Man do they Look very much in love and that is not something I see in all couples shots.

How did you do a long exposure in 6 to get the waves like that but the couple is still sharp?

How did you do a long exposure in 6 to get the waves like that but the couple is still sharp?

In this case, I just dropped to 1/5 of a second shutter speed and held on tight. Upon inspection I was steady enough, but they did shift ever so slightly. Not enough to can the photo as a whole though :) I do wish I had brought out my flash, as Vtec mentioned, but I just didn't have enough time to break it out. Next time I'm hoping to do an even more dramatic shot since I'll have an assistant along to hold an umbrella.

Super nice work! Beautiful scenery.

My only criticism is with #4. His face is fine, but it's an awkward face position/look for her.

Super nice work! Beautiful scenery.

My only criticism is with #4. His face is fine, but it's an awkward face position/look for her.

Thanks! Yeah, I had this frame, and one slightly before. Opted for the slightly more candid one instead of the fully camera-aware version. Could have been at a better angle, next time!

Everyone, thanks for all the kind words and critique! I didn't expect such a response. More and more I'm finding myself trying to develop my own style in portraits, and I don't yet feel like I've gotten there, but these are on the way I suppose. Maybe a few more engagements and I'll have nailed it down more to a particular "look." Too often I feel like I switch around, some of this, some of that.

Most reactions

Back