Just became a photography major...

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy the courses. You'll have to post your work on here!

I'm probably going to go to a 10 month, 6 day a week intensive photo school, but it's still up in the air.

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy the courses. You'll have to post your work on here!

I'm probably going to go to a 10 month, 6 day a week intensive photo school, but it's still up in the air.

Thank you. I switched from computer science to photographic imaging.

That 10 month course sounds intense.

I have 2 friends that went to FIT. And my neighbor's daughter goes to FIT. Awesome school for commercial photography. You also get a chance to apply to study abroad in Italy. She did say the hardest part was getting a good internship which is required to graduate. You have to be on the top of your game. It is VERY competitive.

I was under the impression that internships are provided by the school?

Not quite. They have internships that companies tag just for FIT students but you still have to interview for them just like a job. A good reference is NY Creative Interns | Be Inspired, Be Connected, Be Successful They have tips, tricks and experiences from former interns turned professionals.

What made you switch? Just from exploring photography and finding that you want to do it for the rest of your life? There's a lot you can do with Computer Science too.

And yes, the 10 month course should be pretty intense. It's basically photography, and the business of photography all day every day (except Sunday). But I don't go to church, so that's a day off! :lol:

What made you switch? Just from exploring photography and finding that you want to do it for the rest of your life? There's a lot you can do with Computer Science too.

And yes, the 10 month course should be pretty intense. It's basically photography, and the business of photography all day every day (except Sunday). But I don't go to church, so that's a day off! :lol:

You heathen, you! ;)

I didn't enjoy computer science. As ridiculous as this sounds, I'm not going to school for a career. I'm doing it solely because I have an opportunity to get a free education and a bachelors degree at the end. The GI Bill benefits are pretty sweet, and I might as well use it for something I enjoy doing. My plan is going for a commission in the military.

You heathen, you! ;)

You caught me!

Most reactions

Back