woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Without fisheye :wink:

I don't always have someone else to take pictures of, so I wind up doing a lot of self ports. I'm finding it to pretty challenging.

119780608-O.jpg

This is a great self portrait. Great eyes. Lots of expression.

Thanks Scooter.

The image is pretty pale overall, so I wasn't sure if it would appeal to anyone?

Great self portrait. It has that artistic flare that we all know and love coming from you - but would also appeal to those who aren't familiar with your work. The almost high key works wonderful as well.

So that's what you look like! Awesome self portrait. Kinda like meeting you in person. Thanks for sharing!

Cool shot, very crisp. Both eyes are very sharp.
Naaiice.
did you convert this to B&W via channel mixer at 100% red?
Is that why it's so pale? or did you just use a strong diffused light?

Thanks so much for the comments...but especially the feedback. Like I said, I wasn't too sure aobut this one.

Brittany said it, "almost high key". I was experimenting with a single light and multiple reflectors.

Both gizmo :) B/W conversion with an orange filter. But I was using my 35" octobox, double diffused, and only about 3 feet away. The first one at about 1/2 power...and the only thing you could make out in the whold shot was my eye :lol:

Woodsac - Very strong portrait, well done. Great expression, which can be hard to do in a self portrait. Maybe crop the upper left? But that's nitpickin'. It's excellent.

Thanks Jazz. I questioned that corner. Wasn't sure if the piece of ear was distracting or not?

Easy fix :)

Most reactions

Back