just simple thoughts

As a foundation of the argument that digital cameras are so complicated compared to film cameras, ask a working pro if they have seen a decline in business since the advent and adoption of digital cameras, the answer is precisely 180 degrees from your conclusion. Digital cameras have opened up photography to vastly more people to the point that it has had a major impact on the commercial photography industry. Adding to the fact that post processing technology has grown exponentially, art buyers have lowered their standards and their fees since the black art of film ruled the day.

Well damn! I wouldn't have given up film if I knew it was a black art. I always wanted to practice the black arts!

Joe

DSC_0392_Spencer with EOS 20D copy.jpg My three-year-old had no trouble using the Canon 20D ... but he preferred his mother's Nikon D40...

yes that's what im talking about willis. taking the picture.

When the reviews show a 1400 dollar dslr needing the user to go through that many menu options to get the camera ready to take a photo,, I kind of have to scratch my head on the usefulness of the complexity.

You don't need to go through that many options ever. You can take it out of the box, set it to "P" mode (or even straight-up auto mode if there is one) and start shooting perfectly fine pictures that you can see and review in less than a second after pushing the button. As I've said before, you can set it to manual and choose aperture, shutter speed and ISO and ignore all the bells and whistles. You can choose white balance setting in-camera or change it later if you shoot raw.

You can do so much more with digital than film but if you want to keep hating on something you've never tried and clearly don't understand, be my guest.

Negative fantasy, meet happy reality.

View attachment 172999 My three-year-old had no trouble using the Canon 20D ... but he preferred his mother's Nikon D40...

I love that pic Derrel. Every time I see it I try to come up with a funny slogan.

"Oh this one is going to need some split toning, the blues are too saturated."

/offtopic

Most reactions

New Topics

Back