Just starting out, cheap equipment, but tell me what you think, please.

Mark78

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The pictures I am submitting I took while I was in Europe. I used a cheap point and shoot camera. What can I say I am broke, lol. Please, I have tough skin and really want to learn more about what makes a good photo. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK, thank you.

DSCF2394.jpg

P5070255.jpg

3.I love this photo.
P5070217.jpg

DSCF2377.jpg

P5070227.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, I was still learning on how to add them, but here they are.

I am looking for angles and view points. The equipment can come later.

Hey Mark,

I think that you can still take some great photos with a point and shoot camera. I personally will only use point and shoot with landscapes and family trips because they do limit your possibilities quite a bit.

With point and shoot cameras you really have to concentrate on your composition. Make sure distracting backgrounds are removed by moving, or having your subject move. The flash is almost always there, even when you don't want it, unless you tape it with some electrical tape.

I personally like the photo you took with the door. I took some photos with a point and shoot when I went to alberta and I have to say some of them turned out very well. Some of them I had to crop out some peoples heads at the bottom and such but I was really proud of the way the camera handled the trip.

I think you've started out well. Just think by the time you DO get the more expensive camera equipment, you'll have that composition thing down to a science. ;)

Keep shooting, it sounds like you enjoy taking pictures and I look forward to seeing the progress.

I love both #3 and #4... Is #4 Metz France? its always hard for me to get the point and shoot cameras to do what I want them to, But you seem to be the master of yours! I LOVE #3 as well great composition to it!

Number 4 is Florence, Italy. I appreciate all the thoughts. I thought the door frame was a great frame for the garden beyond it.

Most reactions

Back