Keeping it Simple

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well as you've noticed my shots have been from around the house the last few days, this partly stems from boredom and partly b/c I've been wanting to try and stretch myself to a new place. I've been working on trying to "keep it simple" and still manage to retain attention. Also I've been noticing textures much more...and that seems to be coming up a bit more in my shots. And lastly I'm stuck in a black and white phase and am lovin it :) So if you want to challenge youself, only shoot around the house for a week and see what happens :)
On to the pics:

Just a doorknob:
IMG_2819.jpg

Texture and grain in the wood on our steps:
IMG_2800.jpg

Good examples of making something out of apparently nothing. I think that all of us should try to do this from time to time.

are you sure you're not pro posing as a sweet little innocent girl?

:lol: In my dreams Jon, only in my dreams ;) Thanks for the compliment though :)

That's one cool picture of a door handle, for some reason I really like it. The handle is well placed in the photo, good conversion, but what really adds to the picture is that it looks well used and also the shadow.

Thanks Cruzin :) Sad thing is that's the third doorknob in 6 years :lol: I guess we're abusive to it :lol:

I love the first one~~~Big contrast between B&w,special using lights~~what the name of this kind of shot ?? I do not know how to translate in English~:)

I love everything about the first! The high contrast, the DOF, the angle. Magnifique! I wish my boredom lead to such wonderful results. :)

Thanks Shan and Scott :) Scott you sure know how to make a lady blush :) and Jon you know how to make a lady puke :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back