Kid at Sunset Constructive C&C Welcome

katsrevenge

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took the nephew out bike riding. Thought this looked quite nice.

12814813_10100651525964125_6806167580036940925_n.jpg

A few minutes later... sans kid.

12794406_10100651526009035_4888479851691378025_n.jpg

His mother preferred the first one. No idea why.

Hi. Can't really see the kid in the first one either.

It has to do with the fairly well-known mom goggles effect...parents LOVE pictures with their child or children in them! People really like photos with their loved ones in them,even if the person is barely visible, and the boy (???) is in the first shot. His jacket, with that design on it...and the white neck thing (hoodie worn under jacket???)...SHE most likely lovingly bought those clothes...she probably got that bicycle for him...she might associate the bike with the day he learned to ride a bike, as SHE pushed him to get started, then let go, as he pedaled away, unsteadily...this is her child, at sunset--in a place SHE recognizes. Having her cild in the image makes that sunset, that picture of the sun going down personally meaningful.

To me, the second shot is the better photo; to the kid's mother, the personal association with the first photo is the most important factor in liking or not liking the shot. People LOVE photos of friend and family members. They like pictures that have good feelings, like a sunset bike ride. People evaluate photos of their loved ones in a special, personally meaningful manner. The second shot is probably just a sunset to her. The first is her offspring, at sunset, on his bike, wearing that cool jacket she and him bought at Target, or Macy's, and he wears that jacket all the time, right now; the first shot has more personal meaning to her. I can barely make out the kid in shot #1--but SHE sure as heck can!

I was at a highschool football game years ago, and a defensive lineman snatched up a fumble and rolled maybe 10 feet to score a TD...his dad, a big ox of a man stood up and screamed "THAT'S MYYYY BOYYYYYYY!" I could barely even see the kid make the play. I juust saw the refs signal Touchdown! But his dad saw his son, out of a mass of 22 guy,s and we were at the far, west end of the stadium....about 90 yards away...

Last edited:
He's on the bike. He's mostly silhouetted.

I thought about making the silhouette more extreme but didn't want to lose him entirely.

He's not in the second. ;)

It has to do with the fairly well-known mom goggles effect...parents LOVE pictures with their child or children in them! People really like photos with their loved ones in them,even if the person is barely visible, and the boy (???) is in the first shot. His jacket, with that design on it...and the white neck thing (hoodie worn under jacket???)...SHE most likely lovingly bought those clothes...she probably got that bicycle for him...she might associate the bike with the day he learned to ride a bike, as SHE pushed him to get started, then let go, as he pedaled away, unsteadily...this is her child, at sunset--in a place SHE recognizes. Having her cild in the image makes that sunset, that picture of the sun going down personally meaningful.

To me, the second shot is the better photo; to the kid's mother, the personal association with the first photo is the most important factor in liking or not liking the shot. People LOVE photos of friend and family members. They like pictures that have good feelings, like a sunset bike ride. People evaluate photos of their loved ones in a special, personally meaningful manner. THe second shot is just a sunset to her. The first is her offspring, at sunset, on his bike, wearing that cool jacket she and him bought at Target, or Macy's, and he wears that jacket all the time, right now.

I know. I'm not good about putting dry joke ahead warnings in my posts, LOL! She liked it enough I'm actually considering printing it out for her, as an easy birthday gift.

Edit. It's a shirt under a hoodie. Hoodie has a skull and white trim. It's cute, in a skater punk little kid way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back