Kind of a story behind this photo

Auspiciousnight

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been friends with this girl for a long time. Our entire circle has (for years) said how much our friend resembles Uma Thurman and how people have for a long time wanted to recreate the Pulp Fiction poster.

Well, we finally gave it our first shot last night and I wanted to know what you all think.

Now, granted I could not completely 100% recreate this photo. We lacked exact props, lighting etc. On top of that my friend is MUCH shorter than Uma, plus her hair is longer...just general stuff like that. But I thought you all would like to see the results.

I still have some PP to do. But enjoy!

IMG_2134.jpg

BTW, I know it looks pretty fake (Skin tones, hair) I even purposely blurred out the book and cigarettes on the bed, but that was the idea, trying to make it look like a poster.

I think it looks great, tells a story, like with her hand on the book. Just needs a little more PP thats all.

I love her expression and her crossed ankles, I think the lighting makes it look vintage.

Thanks for all the comments! The funniest part was because my friend is much shorter than Uma and in the original photo Uma is showing much more chest area, It was funny watching my friend try to model the pose, I was getting cursed at for all the takes.

I think it came out pretty good tho. This was my first controlled "modeling" shot.

On the post-processing, the haloing around her arms is very distracting as is the blotchiness of some of the brush work where you've blurred, cloned, burned, dodged, etc...

I know that you said that you weren't done with post-processing, so hopefully those are things you were planning to address because otherwise, I think you've done well here.

I really like how you composed this shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back