Kit 2019

Dave442

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Finally went ahead and picked up a D800e. This puts one D200 as a backup and the other D200 was handed off to one of the grandkids with the 35mm. The D500 had been on my radar all year, but as Derrell and others have noted the used market for the D800 series is a great deal right now - so it was impossible to pass up on my last visit to Samy's camera in LA right before Christmas.

Have had a great time using it over the holidays and expect to use it till I break it (never was able to break the D200 so we will see).
IMG_1196_Kit 2019.jpg

Nice! How do you like the eyecup? I've been thinking of trying one out. Nice upgrade - fun to look at those big 36mp files :)

The real eye cup on the D800 is much better than the slip-on eye piece on the D200. In fact the ones on this D200 have fallen off and been lost so often that I've just quit replacing it. The big files are very nice to work with. I am shooting 14 bit RAW lossless compressed right now, seems to be a decent balance on size. Jumping to 48mb file size from 16mb file size does tax the old MBP while using LR, but not enough to slow things down. I also spent a day doing AF fine tune for each lens - something the D200 lacked.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back