What's new

Labor Day the" unofficial end of summer"

MSnowy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
5,341
Reaction score
4,116
Location
Scituate, MA.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Around here Labor Day pretty much marks the end of summer. All the summer residents move out, tourism slows and life starts to slow down.

$NE Labor Day.webp
 
I for one welcome the departure of tourists. Economic benefits aside it means I can finally visit the coast and lakes in peace.

Oh nice pic btw.
 
I like this shot. I like your chosen DOF. The empty boat, quiet shoreline - all correspond with your comments about summer's "official" end. Nice!
 
Yeah...it is a pretty lonely, desolate look scene. It's weird...I always feel a bit of bittersweetness on Labor Day, as summer winds to a close.
 
I heard on TV that Labor Day (actually September 1) also marks the beginning of meteorological autumn. As opposed to the astronomical equinox.
 
That be Scituate Lighthouse me thinks. Nice shot.
I'd like to see the boat a bit closer to the bottom of the frame, but often not much you can do about that.
 
I really like this picture. It conveys the feeling well.

With that being said, BRING ON FALL! I can't wait for summer to be really and truly over.
 
That be Scituate Lighthouse me thinks. Nice shot.
I'd like to see the boat a bit closer to the bottom of the frame, but often not much you can do about that.

Yes Scituate Lighthouse
 
I like the shot. If that were my local body of water that would be a wall hanger for me

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4; probably while slacking off at work
 
Nice shot. I too like the tourists leaving after Labor Day but our summer won't end till Halloween.
By the way I don't like summer. Can't wait for the cool lovely winter.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom