Lake Geneva, WI

darkpbstar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I went out to Lake Geneva today and took some shots. I left with only about 6 shots, thinking I was going to go take some photos of buildings and such, but never did. Oh well, it's only a 20 minute drive, and Lake Geneva is quite a beautiful place. Amazing houses, hotels, walkway around lake, lots of shops, just a fun place to spend a couple of hours (or entire day...) Here they are: any tips/comments/criticisms are welcome, not too harsh...I am a beginner and am just learning. thanks alot
DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

Nice composition and lighting. The skies are a bit weak, however that's a difficult thing to get around. You can tweak it in post-processing, but it's best if you can account for that in the actual capture. Polarizing filters and graduated neutral density filters are very useful for this kind of photography.

Looks like you were right near the library and main beach. Got some nice shots of the Gage boats. I think a polarizer would have helped quite a bit. I think I like the second one with the two piers and bouy line the best.

There are a lot of other areas that are cool to shoot around the lake. You might want to try going farther around to the west by Williams Bay and Yerke's Observatory. Some nice areas around there to shoot as well as down by the beach in Fontana.

I live in Delavan so I am quite familiar with the area.

excellent, and yes I was right near that library. I will deffinetly explore some new areas around there, it was more of a quick shoot, just there for like an hour. thanks for comments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back