Laptops suck...

Kendall9991

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just to fix the charger port I had to literally take it ALL the way apart.

And tapatalk doesn't want to post my photo. I'd use my laptop but....it's pretty much in a bowl until tomorrow...

I'm so tired of Windows being so slow on my Acer laptop, that tonight I installed Ubuntu to dual boot! It was a pain-in-the-azz because of the UEFI setup, but I got 'ir done and this is like a new laptop using Ubuntu and Chromium browser!!

I've heard good things about Linux. My brother is a programmer so he could walk me through it. My laptop has vista and I hate it. I grew up with windows 98 and xp. 7 isn't terrible though.

IMO vista and 8 were their worst ideas yet.

yep, i hear ya wanna stay with the odd numbered releases!

Windows 8 actually runs really really well for me - the ONLY thing they got wrong was taking the start menu away (and its still in the windows folder its just not "used" on the front desktop anymore). Otherwise its a solid stable OS.

As for laptops I've noticed that the power connection point and the power adaptors have gotten weak. I don't know why but that whole area of the modern laptop is where they seem to fail the most - my brothers and sisters have had trouble with that area or the adaptor for power breaking/wearing out

I have a 3,5 y.o. lenovo laptop with i7-2620M CPU and 8Gb RAM running Win7 , and it is faster than a new MacBook Pro a had for a week for work.

I have a laptop for work as I need to be portable but at home I would never even consider one.

I have a big Gigabyte case with:

128Gb SSD
2 X 2 Tb hard drives
overclocked I7 THIRD GEN
Water cooling directly on CPU heat sink
2 extra cooling fans
drive bay slot with combined card reader / USB slots

and enough space to park a truck and set up camp inside the case (slight exaggeration)

I render a lot of 3D graphics but no heat issues at all.

I love big computer cases.

Once you go Mac, you never go back.

It is amazing the little things Apple does to make life simple, like a magnetically attached power plug that just detaches instead of being plugged in and then pulled out if the cord gets pulled. Never gets damaged, never needs replacing or fixing.

Apple makes some beautiful hardware. Too bad they restrict you into doing everything their way.

Apple makes some beautiful hardware. Too bad they restrict you into doing everything their way.

My thoughts as well. And you pay a huge $premium$ for having to do it their way! Although, I gotta admit, they are pretty and slicker than snot!!

I tried to go Mac and went back to Win7.

My fiance's family are apple people. I just can't get use to it.

We've owned windows since 97` so its Almost built in to me. We use to have an apple. Computer was in the monitor and the only colors were black and green.

I do however somewhat like the simplicity of them.

I just bought a awesome ASUS laptop. The best screen resolution I saw on either a MAC or a PC. Doesn't hurt that it's got a 2 gb video card installed on it. Hate Windows 8 though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back