Lens for wider shots?

Alter_Ego

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
What kindve lens would i need to take wide shots?
Also a lens for beach shots so that the shots arent so bright? Like a polarized lens?

Using a canon xs.

A wide angle :lol:
I think canon makes a 10-20 or something you might want to check that out.
You don't get a polarized lens you get a polarizing filter. Make sure it's a good quality one or it will reduce image quality and be worse for you then anything. GL
TJ

Polarizer would be nice for beach shots, but if you need to cut a lot of light, you would need an ND filter. They come in different strengths but act like a sunglass basically. They are usually a bit stronger than a polarizer even with one of the weaker ND filters but won't effect the color or reflections like a polarizer will.

As for wide angle, you would need something starting around a 10mm or 12mm. I used to have a Tokina 12-24mm which was great for stuff like that. I now have a Tokina 16mm-50mm but the 16mm is still pretty wide. So I sold the other lens and got this one because it serves more purpose with other shooting as well.

Thanks...

Hmmm i guess ill stay away from the polarized lens for now.
How about taking shots of a river to give that stream effect? I heard theres a type of lens that darkens the image so that over a period of time it'll give that streaming river look well keeping everything else in focus without being overexposed.

If that's what you want check out neutral density filters. Also stop the lens all the way down to something like f/22-f/32 and then put the ISO at the lowest like 100 and you will get a longer shutter speed. A tripod is a must though!

Stopping the lens down to f/22 - f/32 is likely to soften the focus because of diffraction.

Also at those apertures DOF would be massive, though not a bad thing, it may not fit the artistic vision you had for the image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back