Lens suggestions

Apex

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was planning on getting a 70-300 zoom before but dont think i want to get one. Ive heard from many people that they barely go past 200 on their zoom lenses. So im rethinking my options and i think i want to choose a different range of zoom.

Right now i have my standard Nikon 18-55 D50 kit lens and i think i want to get something like an 18-200, 18-135, 24-120, or like a 28-200... im not exactly sure.
On top of that, i really want this lens to have VR. i dont know how possible it would be to get VR on all of those lenses and i was hoping you guys could help me.

my price cap is about $550.

I had my eye on http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Nikon-24-120mm-VR-Wide-Lens-Nikkor-D70S-D80-D200_W0QQitemZ280135534144QQihZ018QQcategoryZ106863QQcmdZViewItem

and it looked like a good deal but the only problem is, in the review of the product it doesnt include my body as a compatible body :scratch:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
What kind of shots do you make? I know my 70-300 is invaluable for snaps of the neighbor lady in the bathroom.

lol. dont think im gonna be using it for things like that, but dont worry, i wont tell.

nah i take all around shots mostly. landscape is what i am into right now though.

i decided to buy here, found this, looks like im gonna buy it asap. an thoughts?

If you don't mind used lenses, you might be able to find an 80-200 F/2.8 in that price range. It's a really nice piece of glass, and not something you would regret having.

o-0

Its like 300 dollars more.

if i was going to spend that much i might as well get an 18-200 vr lol.
does anyone have any thoughts about the lens i mentioned in my third post?

i'd recommend avoiding VR, but that's a personal thing.. i find it ruins more images than it does save them. it's heavier and more expensive, too

if i were to save the extra money from not getting VR, what would you suggest i get instead of a VR lens?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back