Lenses For Joshua Tree

M

MDowdey

Alright experts...

im in the market for some canon glass to take with me to Joshua Tree. MY budget is 500$US. What lens do you think would benefit me the most out in the desert?

thanks!

matt

A good 18 - 55, with a nice low apature :D
Lol I know so little :(

Try a nice 75 - 300 for £150 while your at it, its a decent lens...get the ultrasound one

hehe Id still go for an 18-55...if your lucky may be able to get one with a f/2....is that how its said? anyways if you want ill have a look in the back of my jessops magazine!

hehe - it's an ultrasonic, not an ultrasound.. an ultrasound is used on pregnant women (among other things)... I'm sure matt doesn't need that in a camera.

(unless he's checking someone out, and wants to know if she's pregnant)

If it's going to be desert hot, take a fully-manual camera as well. Temperatures above "very hot" tend to cause problems for electronics.

Personally I'd take the widest prime lens you've got and a standard lens and shoot 50 slide or 100 neg film on a fully manual body.

If you've got some spare cash, a polarising filter and a UV filter can be handy in excess lighting situations.

Arty, the 18-55 is an EF-S lens, which only works on bodies with an EF-S mount. The 10D doesn't have one.

Matt, I would think a nice wide angle would be good. I use the Tamron 17-35 f/2.8-4, and for the money, it's pretty good. I think it's around $400. The Canon 17-40 f/4 L is probably a bit better, but it's around $650 I think.

It's not hot in the desert in march.

I would definately get as wide angle as you can afford. 18mm will give you ~28mm at the widest with the crop factor.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back