Less of Kathryn...But somehow, More!

Bend The Light said:
I figured you meant to take a meter reading on the forehead, then increase my exposure by a stop or two from the reading. Is this not what you meant?

Also, could I use the camera in spot meter mode to take a reading from there, and do likewise?

Always willing to learn, so if I am wrong, please explain. :)

Cheers

Your camera doesn't meter for strobed light (unless you have TTL flashes). Only incidental. You'd need a flash meter to trigger your strobes and give you a reading based on only their output.

Your Steve McCurry phase? ;)

To me, these just seem under-exposed. I think with another stop or two of exposure the colours would really pop!

Yes indeed! With a lily-white english girl with freckles. ;)

Agree about the exposure. :)

Bend The Light said:
I figured you meant to take a meter reading on the forehead, then increase my exposure by a stop or two from the reading. Is this not what you meant?

Also, could I use the camera in spot meter mode to take a reading from there, and do likewise?

Always willing to learn, so if I am wrong, please explain. :)

Cheers

Your camera doesn't meter for strobed light (unless you have TTL flashes). Only incidental. You'd need a flash meter to trigger your strobes and give you a reading based on only their output.

Got you, of course.
I have a meter, and can trigger the flash. With the meter at the forehead measuring incident light, yes?

Cheers

Bend The Light said:
Got you, of course.
I have a meter, and can trigger the flash. With the meter at the forehead measuring incident light, yes?

Cheers

No, you'd want to meter for strobed light. What meter do you have?

Much! Just remove the fly hair from the right eye and golden! Did you try this in black and white?

Also maybe bringing color back to her eyes and lips... or just the lips... hmmm.

Much! Just remove the fly hair from the right eye and golden! Did you try this in black and white?

Also maybe bringing color back to her eyes and lips... or just the lips... hmmm.

NO... PLEASE... do not selective color this... it would kill it! lol!

I agree I love it too, was just qurious if he played around with it. Sorry for the suggestion.:(

With all the contrast,it just appears like a good B/W to me.

I agree I love it too, was just qurious if he played around with it. Sorry for the suggestion.:(

With all the contrast,it just appears like a good B/W to me.

No big deal! lol! Just most of us here agree that 99.9% of all selective color use is terrible! It is way overdone!

Actually.. I agree that B&W might be fun here. I played with it.. and went for the Mata Hari look...lol! BTL.. Hope you don't mind!

$btl_c.jpg

See... Should I say it....lol. I think the heavy contrasting colors in the photo did do an excellent B/W... I gotz a little skill. :wink:

I probably wouldn't have gone that dark with it, but it does look cool. It, to me gave it a timeless look. maybe add a little softening and who knows

Last edited:
See... Should I say it....lol. I think the heavy contrasting colors in the photo did do an excellent B/W... I gotz a little skill. :wink:

I probably wouldn't have gone that dark with it, but it does look cool.

I was playing.. and I love the emphasis on those eyes! :)

Me too! It is almost enchanting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back