Less of Kathryn...But somehow, More!

Thanks folks. I had another play:

30-12-2012 Kathryn 1 rework by CTS.Studio1, on Flickr

Any better?

Nominated for POTM!

Here is a slightly altered rework lightened skin, and enhanced eyes and skin.

$testing.jpg

Yeah I might have went a little heavy on the white overlay on the eyes.

Hi Blend,

Im brand new here at the forum. Im a Professional Photographer and also a Photoshop Trainer. This is my very first post...so if im doing anything wrong please PM me.

I think that there are about 5 more F-stops of light hidden inside these images. With the fairly simple use of Photoshop I think its possible to bring these images up to almost normal again. I can remember having images that were under exposed myself in the past...so Im very empathetic with any photographer who has to put up dark images.

I d like to offer a video example so you can see what I mean. I will leave a link below to a short 7 min Video to illustrate the basic steps in Photoshop in real time. I can remember my own fair share of under-exposed images. So, I thought id share some of what I know now...hope its OK here.

Here is the Video Tutorial LINK:

$PhotoForum-Image1.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta be spam... Ray, if you seriously want to join.. do so. Join in the conversations... share your knowledge... that's great.

EDIT: I hit the link, and you look like you are trying to help.. so maybe not spam.... the mods will decide. We see so many spammers... that maybe I jumped the gun!

Hey Charlie... Im Ray.

Yea...I dont mean to be spam.

Im just trying to join in on the subject at hand, to be right on task with the OP's thread, and to be as highly relevant and as helpful as I can. I hope it was on target OK.

Thanks for the edit:

Ray

Hey Charlie... Im Ray.

Yea...I dont mean to be spam.

Im just trying to join in on the subject at hand, to be right on task with the OP's thread, and to be as highly relevant and as helpful as I can. I hope it was on target OK.

Thanks for the edit:

Ray

Cool.. I reported it before I checked your site... I didn't see any way you could make a buck off of that! So it was nice of you to do that! Nice edit also.. still seems a little bright to me, maybe I need to recalibrate my monitor.

nice edit, ray.

Way to go, Charlie... beat up the new guy trying to help.

:lol:

nice edit, ray.

Way to go, Charlie... beat up the new guy trying to help.

:lol:

Darn it.. we don't have a "hiding under the bed" smiley!! If we did, I would use it! lol!

Don't judge the book by its cover! lol

Ray thanks for the vid. That is what I did too just not as high. Also if you get the PS6 it is ever better. I just got the ps6 and I am loving it!

I like the statement, "painting with light" I call it "Painting light in PhotoShop" lol

Thanks guys, and thanks Ray.

I haven't yet followed the link, I will do so, however, as all help is welcome. For your edit, I do think it is too bright for me, but as Charlie said a few times in the past, there comes a point when it's pretty much "to taste". I do prefer less bright, but acknowledge that my originals were very underexposed.

And thanks to other for comments. :)

Great shot!

Ray, great video and edit. Can i just say thank you, I've learnt something very valuable.

Hi Blend,

Im brand new here at the forum. Im a Professional Photographer and also a Photoshop Trainer. This is my very first post...so if im doing anything wrong please PM me.

I think that there are about 5 more F-stops of light hidden inside these images. With the fairly simple use of Photoshop I think its possible to bring these images up to almost normal again. I can remember having images that were under exposed myself in the past...so Im very empathetic with any photographer who has to put up dark images.

I d like to offer a video example so you can see what I mean. I will leave a link below to a short 7 min Video to illustrate the basic steps in Photoshop in real time. I can remember my own fair share of under-exposed images. So, I thought id share some of what I know now...hope its OK here.

Here is the Video Tutorial LINK:

View attachment 30768

Welcome to the forum, Ray and thanks for that very useful and easy to understand video tutorial. I learned from it. :) :thumbup: :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back