let me know what you think... Still learning

Photo_Mama2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$IMG_2166_edited-2.jpg#1$IMG_2098_edited-1.jpg#2 $IMG_2100_edited-2.jpg#3$IMG_2155_edited-1.jpg#4 These are sr. pictures I did for my best friends sister, Used my Canon t4i, YN-565ex, 18-55mm, "household floor lamp" just starting out, did edits on PSE11... C&C please... (only have a few background options btw)

The shots without the background floor are fine, it's the wrinkled floor that is bothersome.

The shots without the background floor are fine, it's the wrinkled floor that is bothersome.
Thank you... I removed a lot of the other wrinkles

Her skin tone, the lighting, and the smiles are all very nice. I am not a commercial photographer, so take this advice with a grain of salt. I think the backdrops are too busy. I would like something more subtle, less manic, so the person stands out more. My favorite shot is the first in the row.

Do you have enough room to get her a bit farther away from the background?

a little separation from the background would be good. im also not a fan of the vignetting. especially in #2 where it cover's her hand.
#1 is the best in my opinion. 2 and 3 have the vignetting and wrinkles, and landscape doesnt do anything for #4. would have stuck with portrait orientation on these.
2 and 3 might have worked better if you wanted to do some in landscape, and without the vignetting. (some people like it...SOMETIMES I do, but not often)
(Robin_Usagi posted some amazing pictures that he put vignetting on, if you can find them, check them out)

I agree with Jake. Is there a possibility to get the subject a bit further away from the backdrop? I'm not a professional photographer, but I think it would make her pop a bit more with the background being more subtle. For still learning the ropes, it's great work. I'm still learning the ropes as well, but I'm more into landscape and macro. Don't mind me :p

I would agree with pixmedic except for one VERY nitpicky thing. When you view #1 blown up and zoomed in, it seems a little soft focused, the eyes aren't as tack sharp as they are in a couple of the other ones. #1 is a classic senior portrait.

I would agree with pixmedic except for one VERY nitpicky thing. When you view #1 blown up and zoomed in, it seems a little soft focused, the eyes aren't as tack sharp as they are in a couple of the other ones. #1 is a classic senior portrait.

my bad, I didn't actually view any of these zoomed in. good catch!

a little separation from the background would be good. im also not a fan of the vignetting. especially in #2 where it cover's her hand.
#1 is the best in my opinion. 2 and 3 have the vignetting and wrinkles, and landscape doesnt do anything for #4. would have stuck with portrait orientation on these.
2 and 3 might have worked better if you wanted to do some in landscape, and without the vignetting. (some people like it...SOMETIMES I do, but not often)
(Robin_Usagi posted some amazing pictures that he put vignetting on, if you can find them, check them out)

Also, how are you creating your vignette?

Her skin tone, the lighting, and the smiles are all very nice. I am not a commercial photographer, so take this advice with a grain of salt. I think the backdrops are too busy. I would like something more subtle, less manic, so the person stands out more. My favorite shot is the first in the row.
That is everyone's favorite as well... Thank you for taking the time to c&c

I do not have enough room:grumpy: I do this in my living room so space is very limited...

I did the edits very quickly, didn't think about the vignetting being on her hand... thanks for the catch...

I agree with Jake. Is there a possibility to get the subject a bit further away from the backdrop? I'm not a professional photographer, but I think it would make her pop a bit more with the background being more subtle. For still learning the ropes, it's great work. I'm still learning the ropes as well, but I'm more into landscape and macro. Don't mind me :p

Ya don't have much room to work with at all :-( wish I did... Thanks for the input

Like I said im very new to all of this... How can I fix the eyes? Background is kinda stuck for now, due to lack of space... I didn't do anything to the eyes in any of the pictures (not that I know of)

Most reactions

Back