Lexi

Evertking

How do I turn this thing on?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2ls8pl0.jpg

Very nice; good work on the lighting here! A couple of minor niggles; I would crop a bit off the top, at least enough to get rid of the bottoms of the light brackets, and I would try and smooth out her shirt front a bit, definitely get rid of the 'point' from the waist band of her trousers.

How would you fix the shirt?

ideally it's something you want to catch in advance, but I would probably tackle it with a combination of the Clone Stamp tool, the Healing Brush, and multiple copy & paste layers.

I agree that the lighting has been done well which makes the image look good. And the shirt thing should be eliminated by editing tools to make it look good.

There were also some yellow artifacts on the shirt near her hand that I tinkered with (ineptly, but still...)

Very strong image. Nice!
2ls8pl0.jpg

Last edited:
That point coming out of her stomach is definitely a detail to watch out for before you take the photo. Another detail that catches my attention in a bad way is her fingers on the light pole. I personally feel that it would look better if she perhaps posed her hand on the side of the pole so it was visible to the camera, rather than behind it causing us to only see parts of her fingers.

You have color and lighting down really well it seems, now it's time to start focusing more on the fine details. Train yourself to pick apart a scene as you're viewing it in front of you as well as through the viewfinder, and once again when viewing the image on the back of the camera after you take it. Eventually that attention to detail will become like second nature and a natural part of the picture taking process.

That point coming out of her stomach is definitely a detail to watch out for before you take the photo. Another detail that catches my attention in a bad way is her fingers on the light pole. I personally feel that it would look better if she perhaps posed her hand on the side of the pole so it was visible to the camera, rather than behind it causing us to only see parts of her fingers.

You have color and lighting down really well it seems, now it's time to start focusing more on the fine details. Train yourself to pick apart a scene as you're viewing it in front of you as well as through the viewfinder, and once again when viewing the image on the back of the camera after you take it. Eventually that attention to detail will become like second nature and a natural part of the picture taking process.

Agreed with all points. I’ll add that this is the hardest aspect of making good portraits.

There were also some yellow artifacts on the shirt near her hand that I tinkered with (ineptly, but still...)

Very strong image. Nice!View attachment 148012
I bet I spent at least a few hours on the shirt last night and then finally got to the point I was going to smash my computer so i just gave up had gone to bed.
Good job.. how?

I bet I spent at least a few hours on the shirt last night and then finally got to the point I was going to smash my computer so i just gave up had gone to bed.
Good job.. how?
Used a clone stamp, sampled a portion of the shirt that was 'flat', spotted in the area that was sticking out, then went to healing tool, smoothed over the area to make it look a little more natural.

I like both images. In addition to the other comments, I might try to even out the color on the face in the first. Have you used the presets I sent you yet?

Last edited:

Good job.. how?
Used a clone stamp, sampled a portion of the shirt that was 'flat', spotted in the area that was sticking out, then went to healing tool, smoothed over the area to make it look a little more natural.
Ok, I will try again.. mine never looked that good. :/
17pl68.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back