life is good

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
saw this gentleman last sunday on the potomac....very peaceful setting. i actually sat a watched a while and found myself giving in to the surroundings; then i remembered i was late for dinner :shock:

21391698-L.jpg

It's one of those shots I can't figure out. Is it good or bad? I know I like it, but I don't know why. There isn't much going on, you know? I'll try not to think about it too much...

I love the darkness of it and the way the branches drape and fill up two thrids of the frame. It's calming.

I like this shot JonMikal very nice.......shame on you for being late for dinner :lmao:

Great shot JonMIkal! I am always late to, so my dog gets a lot of my dinners. At least he eats well.

I am looking at this photo again, and I think, let's ask my son whether he's missing something. Call him over, ask "Do you miss anything in this photo?" (knowing the answer all along, mind), and he replies immediately: "The fishing rod".
Well, didn't I know his answer beforehand???

I like it as it is.
(Though I also liked the freshly caught trout - by same son! - that we had for yesterday's dinner. Without missing it. And without giving any of it to the dog - since we're lacking the dog, I guess... ;))

great shot...did you convert to b&w or do it in the camera..if you converted..what did you do?

I find life hectic and I am forever looking for peace, pictures like this gives me that peaceful feeling, makes me wanna be there. Good photo, and thanks for the peaceful moment.

I like the way that the tree and river fill the frame. The lack of emphasis on the man is a peaceful reminder that we're all a tiny part of something greater.

Most reactions

Back