What's new

Lifeguard tower C&C

Josh220

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 23, 2009
Messages
1,730
Reaction score
83
Location
California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Let me know what you think.
Thanks!


20091003-FinalPiece.jpg
 
Not a bad try. I'd personally rather see it in the daytime with a lifeguard sitting in it scoping out the water. It just needs a little more character to it. The photo itself isn't bad, but it would be better with more action around it.
 
Not a bad try. I'd personally rather see it in the daytime with a lifeguard sitting in it scoping out the water. It just needs a little more character to it. The photo itself isn't bad, but it would be better with more action around it.

Sorry, no lifeguards out at night around here. :lol:

I took it at night on purpose. Our beaches aren't very nice, there are no lifeguards on duty, and they are usually overpopulated by illegals.

It was for a dramatic design assignment for my class. That's why I did right before dark after the sun went under the horizon when the sky turns dark blue and the stars are visible. It has the strong backlight coming from the moon while it has the soft glow from the last breathe of the sun.
 
It just needs a little more character to it. The photo itself isn't bad, but it would be better with more action around it.

Which would be a completely different story than Josh is trying to tell, wouldn't it.

Better? No.
 
I love this photo. It just grabs my attention every time.
Dont know what the word to use is but the 'tone' is stunning?
Is that correct or is another word better suited
 
awsome shot. i think i came? lol
 
Thanks for the kind words guys!
 
it is amazing. i like it .. i have looked at it a few times and i thought i would finally write something. it really is beautiful.
 
Not a bad try. I'd personally rather see it in the daytime with a lifeguard sitting in it scoping out the water. It just needs a little more character to it. The photo itself isn't bad, but it would be better with more action around it.

That's very cliche. This is creative. The photo is stunning!
 
it is amazing. i like it .. i have looked at it a few times and i thought i would finally write something. it really is beautiful.

Thank you very much!

Not a bad try. I'd personally rather see it in the daytime with a lifeguard sitting in it scoping out the water. It just needs a little more character to it. The photo itself isn't bad, but it would be better with more action around it.

That's very cliche. This is creative. The photo is stunning!

Thanks!

I agree, I didn't feel like making an add for Bay Watch!

Besides, a day shot with a bunch of people in it would have been nowhere near the "creative design" theme.
 
I like it. Stark contrast to a busy bustling beach during the daytime.
 
Josh, don't get me wrong, it's a nice photo and my opinion is just an opinion. I'm new at photography so my critiques may not be on par with the more experienced members.

If you achieved what you were going for, then it's a great photo.
 
This is the third time looking at this shot. I like it! great comp. Be safe on the beach at night. Its easy body disposal lol...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom