Light Graffiti

ive troied playing with lights in this way

but jeeez these must have taken some skill,

i cudnt even write someones name properly!

EDIT**

just looked at them all properly. these are truly amazing :|

All you need is a long shutter speed, a small light source (flashlight, LED, etc), and some time to mess around/experiment.

I can do maybe some circles and straight lines. I admire people who can do those shots.

Sometimes this tagging is not even possible with spray paints.
You need to set your camera with faster shutter speed
Great pictures, but the article makes no sense.

I have messed around with this type of thing, but nothing this ambitious. I like experimenting with the textures and things in a more abstract way, which I guess is different. This is the kind of thing I played around with a little when it was too cold to go outside for night pictures:

imgp4782275.jpg

At what point does "light painting" become "light graffiti?" When it's trendy?

so I've never tried this until tonight, when i read this post... maybe someone can tell me how to fix this.... I put the camera on Aperture mode.. and i set the f to 22 (highest it will go) i take the picture, and the light works fine... i'm able to do the drawing.. however, my face is all blury... now.. I looked in the mirror, and i don't seem to have a blury face.. so it's obvously something i'm doing wrong...
2531844447_2c50105fb8.jpg

anyone want to give specific directions on this?

When I try it It gets quit noisy.

Use the lowest ISO you have then. I used 400 on mine and it worked well enough, but you may want to use 100. Use f/22 aperture, and somewhere north of 10 second shutter speed. Also the 10 sec timer is quite useful here.

should i do it in complete darkness?

what kind of light are u using, LED?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back