Lighting Styles

fotogenik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Does anyone have links to explanations and diagrams of different lighting styles?

I have seen mentioned many times about loop, short loop, butterfly, rembandt, broad as well as many other names of different lighting styles but because the search terms are so broad it is difficult to locate specific data regarding the different styles of lighting.

If anyone could send me a link that explains different lighting styles and when they should/should not be used I would appreciate it.

The reason I ask is up till now most of my shooting has been doen with what is considered broad lighting (two lights one camera right one camera left at about 45 degree angles from the camera/subject). I used this setup on a larger man the other day and it was pointed out I should have used a short loop setup to make him appear more dimiutive.

I have no idea how to set up short loop lighting.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

I highly recommend this book: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Master-Lighting-Guide-Portrait-Photographers/dp/1584281251/sr=8-1/qid=1158714048/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-6885258-4518258?ie=UTF8&s=books[/ame]

Thanks a bunch Matt. Hoping for some links to stuff I can read online as well while I sit here at work bored out of my skull surfing the net.

But I will definelty look into that book.

Anyone else?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back