austriker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dlindahlphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Howdy,
So I often try and stick to natural lighting but am willing to branch out in order to take some photos of my old phones I need to sell. I do not know much about lighting but know enough that i googled commander mode and am thinking I should use that on my d300. Oh yea so I have a d300, battery grip (irrelevant I guess), and sb-600. Also I grabbed a white sheet and hung it over a wall in my basement. I also made a little 'stand' to put the stuff on. I guess I am thinking of trying to get some photos with the background all washed out. I tried to aim the sb-600 in commander mode to wash it but havent quite figured it out. I was hoping I could advice on 'selling photos styles'; i searched for some threads but couldnt find any that were as basic as what I am using/looking for..

I will include some photos of how I setup my stuff so far.. please help me out, it's probably quite simple and something that i just overlooked..

thanks.

my primitive setup
DSC_2788.jpg

results (not very good)
DSC_2776.jpg

wait a sec.. should i try it with the lights off?

also does anyone know how to turn off the in camera flash when using command mode. i used to know but i forgot

If you are not bouncing your flash off the ceiling then I would start with that. And if you put you camera in "A" mode then click the wheel till it is around 5.6(your aperture), Then put your 600 on the camera and point the flash up to your (hopefully low and white) ceiling.

The camera should figure most of it out.

And a little PP never hurt (much)
4636933685_5fecc11144_o.jpg

And if you want a weekend project:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK4VVGWmMUs[/ame]

Most reactions

Back