Like Snot Dripping from a 3 yr. Old's Nose

I dunno...since the Twinkie brand was sold, I've had exactly one new-style Twinkie, and it seemed to me to be, somehow different than the older ones.
Same here, Derrel.

I didn't often eat Twinkies any more, anyway, but the one-and-only package I bought after they came back out missed the mark and I haven't bought another since. Wasn't the same size, consistency or taste as the originals.

The new ones taste like rubber, I think they are imported from Mexico...Hostess went out of business and a Mexican company bought the name...If I am wrong then please inform me otherwise...

Something like this:

_CBL2867-L.jpg

OMG! That's it's!

Joe
LOL

I think I'd eat the drippy Twinkie before the Minnesota fish goo. I thought deep fried Twinkies were supposed to be good. Fish gelatin, I don't know... can't they flavor it? squirt some lemon in there or something? Who eats just gelatin of any sort anyway unless it's fruit flavored, granulated, and put in a little blue box?

This thread is just wrong in an epic way.

Subscribed.

I shouldn't have looked - Sno Balls!!! I used to love those.

Shows Hostess brands in Kansas City, and the company was bought by Apollo Global which started in '90..... :sleeping: Anyway, apparently a US company but where they have things made I couldn't say.

They better not mess with Ho Hos and Ding Dongs.

You know what I used to love? Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies. I see 'em in the stores when I go shopping with my wife and threaten to buy a box. She just takes a look, shakes her head, and tells me to go ahead if that's what I want.

Talk about sugar bombs! I'm surprised they're not a controlled substance :)

I shouldn't have looked - Sno Balls!!! I used to love those.

Shows Hostess brands in Kansas City, and the company was bought by Apollo Global which started in '90..... :sleeping: Anyway, apparently a US company but where they have things made I couldn't say.

They better not mess with Ho Hos and Ding Dongs.

homer.jpg

Who thinks these things up?

Lot's of things work, some don't. I'm fond of "fried Pickles" and "fried Oriels"

View attachment 154022

It does seem like these things originate more south than north, but I'm betting that's a false and biased assumption

I think this one qualifies as Northern A Deep-Fried Stick of Butter (On a Stick) at the Iowa State Fair
Fried pickles are good!

I've tried fried Oreos, and maybe it was just the place, but they turned out way too soft. Unless that's how they're supposed to be?

The last fried thing I ate at a street fair was a funnel cake. The oil wasn't hot enough, and the place was overwhelmed so they undercooked it. I took one bite. Mushy with oil draining down my throat. Right in the trash. I'm still working up my courage to eat fried foods at street fairs after that experience...

Who thinks these things up?

Lot's of things work, some don't. I'm fond of "fried Pickles" and "fried Oriels"

View attachment 154022

It does seem like these things originate more south than north, but I'm betting that's a false and biased assumption

I think this one qualifies as Northern A Deep-Fried Stick of Butter (On a Stick) at the Iowa State Fair

Well, you're never to old to learn they say. This is a gastronomical niche (I hope it's a niche) I was not fully aware of.

Joe

Another thing big at street vendors, markets and such are deep fried fruit pies. Fresh cooked while you wait. If you're lucky there is an ice cream vendor next door, selling homemade Vanilla Ice Cream, to put a scoop on top, that's when I think I've died and gone to heaven!!!

I'm Scottish, so we'll deep fry anything. Deep fried pizza is a favorite dish round my way, sometimes battered and called a pizza crunch. The one we used to get was deep fried Mars bars, but there was a craze going round when I was a teenager.

They soak/preserve fish in lye which basically turns the fish into fish Jello. Great way to activate your gag reflex.
Lye turns body fats into soap. Yummy.

Like snot from a 3 yr. old's nose ... this thread keeps on dripping. :biggrin-93:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back