What's new

Liquid - Joe finally gets around to the water shot...

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
5,787
Reaction score
98
Location
Houston, TX
I tried to give this more of an abstract feel with a minimalist composition. What do you think of the shot and is it abstract enough for use in an "abstract" contest?

Liquidforumbw.jpg
 
I like the shot; nice contrast... but if I were to enter it I would rotate the image 90 degrees CCW to landscape style.
That would get people guessing. It would also strenghten the composition in my opinion.
:D
 
JonK said:
I like the shot; nice contrast... but if I were to enter it I would rotate the image 90 degrees CCW to landscape style.
That would get people guessing. It would also strenghten the composition in my opinion.
:D

i agree... btw great shot, did you photoshop the background out?
 
JeLeAk - I did brighten the background some, but I didn't PS it out. It was a white wall in my apartment. I did crop it to get rid of the shadow from the flash. Thanks :)
 
What a great abstract picture, clarinetJWD ;)! And I really like it rotated horizontally :thumbup:.
 
I rotated counter-clockwise but that's cool too. :D
 
Sorry, sometimes I wish everyone spoke only Russian :)!
You knew what I meant though, didn't you :mrgreen:? And now I know what CCW means :blushing:!
 
Loooove it rotated!

I mean, the upright one is great too - but I can tell that it's water. Rotated I have no idea! Isn't it cool how the brain works like that!?!
 
Thanks everyone :)
I submitted the horizontal one to the contest, and we shall see how it fares.
The contest is OneWordPhoto's month long contest in case anyone is interested :)
 
Good luck joe, i'm glad you went with the horizontal one, that's great! It reminds me of the water tenticle-thing in The Abyss. :mrgreen:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom